05/01/17, 10:45 PM   #1
dorrino
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Uploading addons updates on ESOUI and Morrowind NDA

A rather important question for Chip.

While NDA is in effect does it include uploading addons updated with Morrowind support?

Specifically i'm looking for answers to the following questions:

1. Are we legally allowed to upload addons working with Morrowind specific things (like, say, battlegrounds) on ESOUI.com while NDA is in effect?

2. If the answer to 1. is a 'yes', then are we legally allowed to upload screenshots with addons' features updated for Morrowind (say, new battlegrounds specific custom interfaces)?

3. If the answer to 1. is a 'yes', then are we legally allowed to include detailed description of the new and/or updated features, that might include details about NDA content (like, you know, battlegrounds:P)?

I think many addons authors working on the updates to their addons will appreciate to know ZOS stance on NDA and addons.

Thank you!
05/02/17, 07:34 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Yep, thanks for asking dorrino.
I hope we are allowed to update addons so they support function changes etc., as the information for API changes was posted outside of the closed beta forums as well.

If we do not add new screenshots showing new stuff and just update the source code to support existing /or maybe new stuff (like the extended bank bags): Is this allowed?
05/02/17, 08:25 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by dorrino View Post
A rather important question for Chip.

While NDA is in effect does it include uploading addons updated with Morrowind support?

Specifically i'm looking for answers to the following questions:

1. Are we legally allowed to upload addons working with Morrowind specific things (like, say, battlegrounds) on ESOUI.com while NDA is in effect?

2. If the answer to 1. is a 'yes', then are we legally allowed to upload screenshots with addons' features updated for Morrowind (say, new battlegrounds specific custom interfaces)?

3. If the answer to 1. is a 'yes', then are we legally allowed to include detailed description of the new and/or updated features, that might include details about NDA content (like, you know, battlegrounds:P)?

I think many addons authors working on the updates to their addons will appreciate to know ZOS stance on NDA and addons.

Thank you!
The answer I got is that none of these are allowed. I'd wait until after the NDA to update to be on the safe side.
05/02/17, 04:57 PM   #4
dorrino
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The answer I got is that none of these are allowed. I'd wait until after the NDA to update to be on the safe side.
Thank you for the clarification, Chip! Then, since Morrowind Beta forums is the only place for us to host updated versions of our addons can we please get a sticky thread there, where we would be able to keep all Morrowind addons in one place (or links to the relevant threads)? I know you don't manage the forums, but could you please pass this suggestion along?

Thank you!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Uploading addons updates on ESOUI and Morrowind NDA