03/30/14, 10:29 AM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Installing the ESO live client from the PTS client

If you're like me, and you forgot that the PTS client was totally separate from the beta client, you may find yourself needing to redownload instead of just needing a patch.

Thanks to Shinni on IRC, I was reminded that I may just be able to copy the PTS files over and let it update/fix what is needed.

So... If you find yourself looking at a nice big "Install" button, here's what you can do instead:
(Note: I uninstalled the launcher and redownloaded the installer/launcher from my ESO account page, but this may work without that step.)
  1. Rename your The Elder Scrolls Online PTS folder to just The Elder Scrolls Online (or The Elder Scrolls Online EU for the EU megaserver)
  2. Boot up the installer and point the install location to your pre-existing Zenimax Online folder
  3. You'll see that you now need about 180MB of space to install instad of about 60GB
  4. When the installer/launcher window pops up, the blue button will say "Repair" instead of "Install"
  5. Click this and it will check through all of your files and download what is missing (mine said it needed to download about 5GB)

I'll update this post after that is finished in case there are any other steps. Have fun storming the castle!

Last edited by Seerah : 03/30/14 at 12:19 PM.
03/30/14, 11:14 AM   #2
Shinni
Rename your Elder Scrolls Online PTS folder to just Elder Scrolls Online
I think you have to rename it to The Elder Scrolls Online EU, if you want to play on the EU megaserver.
03/30/14, 12:18 PM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks, Shinni. I'll be playing on the NA server, so good point. I also forgot the "The" in the folder names.
04/09/14, 09:08 PM   #4
zhubajie
Hello

Good post.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Installing the ESO live client from the PTS client