09/04/15, 02:40 PM   #1
dommi
Map Problem

I don't know if it is just me or what. I am having a problem where everything is a little south on the map than it really is. That includes the player arrow, and the icons for the bank, guilds etc.

I have turned off and on the addons to see if anything was affecting the game and found nothing was amiss.

Anyone else having this problem or can anyone help me with this problem?
09/04/15, 03:14 PM   #2
circonian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
See post #57 (page 3) by Ayantir here: http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4892&page=3
09/04/15, 05:03 PM   #3
Ayantir

Can you pot a screen of a map?
i've noticed problems with addons pins in alik'r and craglorn but not with "everything".
09/04/15, 08:42 PM   #4
dommi

You see the blue arrow, below the wall there, but as you can see in the background the wall is actually on my left. And as you can see everything seems to be below and to the east.
09/04/15, 08:45 PM   #5
Ayantir

Look like this one is a ZOS issue. Guess Art team did some bunch of polishing on maps without warn UI team !!
09/05/15, 05:36 AM   #6
dommi
When do you think that they will fix it?
09/05/15, 05:48 AM   #7
Fyrakin

Yes, all api call that return normalized coordinates point to different locactions it applies to all coordinates including quest pins, player pin etc. I suggest to do nothing yet, this is clearly ZOS issue which should be addressed.
09/08/15, 07:52 AM   #8
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We're taking a look at map alignments right now in response to this.
09/11/15, 03:21 AM   #9
Garkin

By the way did you notice that locations inside of Imperial City are not displayed inside of the city if you zoom out map to Cyrodiil or Tamriel?
09/12/15, 08:46 AM   #10
dommi
It seems that in Auridon, the further south you go the more out of wack it gets.

I did notice that the lorebooks addon didn't align the icon right on the book. I am not sure if that is part of the addon, to find the book around the icon or not.
09/14/15, 11:28 AM   #11
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
It seems like the data connecting the map texture to the global coordinates got a bit out of whack for some of these maps. There is a fix internally but it is slated for the next big update. I can try to make a case for an earlier incremental if this is significantly impacting the game or your addons.
09/14/15, 01:34 PM   #12
Fyrakin

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
It seems like the data connecting the map texture to the global coordinates got a bit out of whack for some of these maps. There is a fix internally but it is slated for the next big update. I can try to make a case for an earlier incremental if this is significantly impacting the game or your addons.
Well, this discrepancy is inconvenient for both add-on developers and users, because the longer it stays the more adaptation will be done, and when it gets fixed we will have to re-adapt again. This applies to stored coordinate data in saved variables by the users and pin tables with coordinates for affected maps in addons.
Edit: While you are at it, could you also check Eastmarch, Giant's Run (Cradlecrush Arena)? This local map had missing textures and misplaced pins.

Last edited by Fyrakin : 09/14/15 at 01:44 PM.
09/14/15, 03:34 PM   #13
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
So I see problems with Auridon, Vulkhel Guard, Alik'r, and Craglorn mentioned. Are there any other known problems? We'll group them all up and look at them at one time.

+Eastmarch

Last edited by ZOS_ChipHilseberg : 09/14/15 at 03:57 PM.
09/14/15, 03:41 PM   #14
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Like Fyrakin wrote in his last patch you should also take a look at Eastmarch.
09/16/15, 12:23 AM   #15
Fyrakin

I meant the map: "Giant's Run"/"ru des Géants"/"Riesenlauf" had problems.
Edit: I see textures for this map are now updated.

Last edited by Fyrakin : 09/16/15 at 02:00 AM.
10/26/15, 08:50 AM   #16
gaugimel
re: Map Problem

I am also seeing that the player icon is just a little bit south and east of what the map shows. This is difficult sometimes when you are on a road and you see yourself *not* on the road on the map, but south of it. If you are going for an object on the map (say a lore book), you have to position yourself just south and a bit east of the map object to find it. The world map seems to also exhibit something similar sometimes. I wonder if it has to do with the Razer Blade laptop that has a screen resolution of 3200 x 1800 (so-called 3K screen). I should also mention that sometimes (rarely) the player icon is dead on correct - it's almost like the math gets out of whack after some usage.
10/27/15, 05:04 AM   #17
Fyrakin

Last post in this topic was 1 month old, still nothing new on this field.
10/27/15, 09:35 AM   #18
daanwa
addons problem

i downloaded the addons put it in de addons map from eso liveeu but i can't see the addons on eso. how can i fix this ?

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » Map Problem