01/18/17, 09:13 PM   #41
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just noticed that GetNumChampionXPInChampionPoint(champLevel) can only be called by players that are past level 50. Could this be changed?
01/19/17, 01:23 AM   #42
Ayantir

What would be the usage ?.... I don't see any reason for this ?
01/19/17, 10:10 AM   #43
Rhyono
All it does is grab the XP for a specific champion level so it should be a pretty lightweight function to allow. Due to the way champion levels rescale every update, there isn't a permanent XP amount from one CP to another. I was using it for calculating remaining XP until X CP, but it can only function for people that have already reached CP. So on my main, it works perfectly. On an alt at lv 44, it won't work at all.
01/19/17, 03:14 PM   #44
Ayantir

but for people who ddn't reached level 50.. there's no need to know this, only xp required for next level.
01/19/17, 03:16 PM   #45
Rhyono
The intent was for someone at level X (below 50) to be able to check how much XP until Y (the normal goal being CP160). I can still achieve this by having to build a table of 600+ CP levels, but it isn't ideal.
01/19/17, 05:03 PM   #46
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
The intent was for someone at level X (below 50) to be able to check how much XP until Y (the normal goal being CP160). I can still achieve this by having to build a table of 600+ CP levels, but it isn't ideal.
We can do this. I can't see any reason why an informational function should be restricted based on the level of the current character.
01/19/17, 05:04 PM   #47
Rhyono
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
We can do this. I can't see any reason why an informational function should be restricted based on the level of the current character.
Thanks! I only figured it out once I was basically done with it, so now I don't have to do a tedious rewrite and manually update a table every update.
01/20/17, 02:14 AM   #48
sirinsidiator

On a different note, maybe you could also take a look at GetCollectibleInfo and GetCollectibleName. For some reason they won't work with crownstore collectibles which have not been purchased yet. The only way to show their name to a player is to use a collectible link.
01/20/17, 05:42 AM   #49
Haho
@Chip

will ZOS lock on gear prevent items from being picked for completing a master writ?

(case : i have to craft the same gear i'm using sometimes, i craft a C150 for the writ, is there a check on which one will be picked? the 150 or my functional 160?)

if yes, can we have this "writ lock check" as an API feature please? (for all writs and item types if possible)

if no, could you please look into it? I know the odds of it happening are very low, but not null.
01/20/17, 10:11 AM   #50
Rhyono
Originally Posted by Haho View Post
(case : i have to craft the same gear i'm using sometimes, i craft a C150 for the writ, is there a check on which one will be picked? the 150 or my functional 160?)
I know writs won't take upgraded items and I'm pretty sure they don't take crafted set items. I'm not sure if they take traited items. You might want to try making a CP150 for a writ with a trait and see if it takes it. If it doesn't: I don't think there's an issue. If it does: there is a small one, but then I'd recommend immediately upgrading the quality (for your use) before turning writs in.
01/20/17, 10:25 AM   #51
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I know writs won't take upgraded items and I'm pretty sure they don't take crafted set items. I'm not sure if they take traited items. You might want to try making a CP150 for a writ with a trait and see if it takes it. If it doesn't: I don't think there's an issue. If it does: there is a small one, but then I'd recommend immediately upgrading the quality (for your use) before turning writs in.
He's talking about master writs. In case you have to make something for a master writ that is identical to a piece of equipment that you have in your backbag and do actively use (just not right now), how will the game decide which one to pick? For example you have to make a golden cp160 twice born star helmet with divines trait. For the writ the style doesn't matter, but the one you use has yokudan style. Which one will be used for the master writ? Does locking the item work in that case?
01/20/17, 10:30 AM   #52
Rhyono
Ah, my bad, he did say master writ.
01/20/17, 11:28 AM   #53
Haho
I tested by myself, made a c150 and a c160 valid for the quest. Locked both with ESO Lock.

the c160 item had a slotIndex > than the c150 one.
and bye bye locked c160 gold eternal hunting well fitted gear

So all of the points have been overlooked for now.
i think i'm gonna avoid the gear master writs.

Also getting writs craftable only in DLC territories when not having the DLC is really not acceptable. And on live we got surveys like that too. but i wont mind trashing them if they are not tradable.

@sir : the style is requested by the writ. with makes the odds really lower, but still. It's overlooked. like the tripots.

Last edited by Haho : 01/20/17 at 11:31 AM.
01/20/17, 11:38 AM   #54
sirinsidiator

They could at least make it so that bound equipment won't get taken for the master writs. Should at least solve the problem for equipment. As for potions, there was an addon a while ago which managed to swap them out before they got taken when you handed the quest in. Maybe that same technique could be used for the master writs too?
01/20/17, 11:44 AM   #55
Haho
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
They could at least make it so that bound equipment won't get taken for the master writs. Should at least solve the problem for equipment. As for potions, there was an addon a while ago which managed to swap them out before they got taken when you handed the quest in. Maybe that same technique could be used for the master writs too?
it would be hard to target the item because on the difference with the potions, when the deed is complete, there is no text in the general description of the writ anymore to know which item to save.

but you can make an addon that reallocate slotIndexes from the higher level gear to the lower level gear unconditionnally to protect your items though.

the idea is that the ****tiest item needs the higher slotIndex.
but that would be easier for everybody to have an API lock for writs with bagId,slotIndex usable on stacks of pots or anything... I'm thinking of itemsaver or FCO itemsaver too.

Last edited by Haho : 01/20/17 at 11:49 AM.
01/20/17, 12:46 PM   #56
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I'd prefer the game just to give us a seleciton popup for the master writs where you can choose which item will be taken.
Adding some protective functions via addons could be possible but you'd need to check so much stuff which could be avoided by the game "from the scratch"! So better build it right instead of having to rely on addons which have to be adapted after each patch again

@Chip
Please have a look at those master writs and try to come up with something that prevents destroying of the higher level equipment due to master writes (even if the item is unbound and a set part -> maybe one crafted a set part for a guild mate, improved it and then suddenly the next writ just will destroy it...).
Maybe a simple "ask dialog" will be enough?
01/20/17, 01:10 PM   #57
Haho
Agreed for having the choice. Probably too complex to implement before Homestead release though.

btw I didnt equip the c160 item before talking to the npc when i tested, but anyway, I would want to be able to get rid of an old piece of armor i don't use anymore if it happens i have one that fits a writ.

but in the end, i expected the Build-in lock to actually lock stuff.
That would be intuitive, easy to use, to understand, non-intrusive, easy to implement and most of all expected by anyone.
Though you can't lock potions with it.
So while we're at it... if the check done for item Validity was to include the lock, it couldn't hurt to have the corresponding API for other things than gear.

just a thought.
01/20/17, 01:43 PM   #58
sirinsidiator

The other problems you are seeing are likely because many items haven't had their specialized item type set yet. Those should be complete shortly.
Does this only refer to furniture related items or all types? I just ran a script to show me which SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPES are actually in use and it looks like right now only SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_RECIPE and SPECIALIZED_ITEMTYPE_TROPHY are ready. I planned to add new filters for drinks, food, provisioning ingredients, alchemy ingredients and siege items, but I guess they'll have to wait for now if you only plan to update them for furniture.
01/21/17, 08:39 PM   #59
Rhyono
Just found a bug that is in the vein of locked issues: if you have two of the same item, one locked and one unlocked, they will both show up in the improvement tab.
01/23/17, 09:25 AM   #60
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
@Chip
Please have a look at those master writs and try to come up with something that prevents destroying of the higher level equipment due to master writes (even if the item is unbound and a set part -> maybe one crafted a set part for a guild mate, improved it and then suddenly the next writ just will destroy it...).
Maybe a simple "ask dialog" will be enough?
I'll raise this concern today.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 2.7 Update