08/19/18, 03:33 PM   #1
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] ImproveSmithingItem can use too many boosters

ImproveSmithingItem doesn't seem to have any checks on how many boosters can be used. I tested upgrading a white axe to green, and inputting 4, 20, and 50 for the num boosters all went through, and even used that amount of Honing Stones. I don't know if it'll take more than a stack, but I'm not really willing to find out. I especially don't want to find out if there is a lack of checks on upgrading items to gold.

This also works on Jewelry, where you can use two green mats to upgrade to green, despite only requiring one.

08/19/18, 05:50 PM   #2
SilverWF

Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
ImproveSmithingItem doesn't seem to have any checks on how many boosters can be used. I tested upgrading a white axe to green, and inputting 4, 20, and 50 for the num boosters all went through, and even used that amount of Honing Stones. I don't know if it'll take more than a stack, but I'm not really willing to find out. I especially don't want to find out if there is a lack of checks on upgrading items to gold.

This also works on Jewelry, where you can use two green mats to upgrade to green, despite only requiring one.
But... this is impossible to do with the default UI, right?

And if talk about addons, maybe there is a function, that a returns a current success rate?
At least, CraftStore works with it somehow, when placing always max needed number of upgrade mats

08/19/18, 06:41 PM   #3
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by SilverWF View Post
But... this is impossible to do with the default UI, right?

And if talk about addons, maybe there is a function, that a returns a current success rate?
At least, CraftStore works with it somehow, when placing always max needed number of upgrade mats
Yes, it is not possible to do with the default UI, but that doesn't mean it isn't a bug or something that should be changed. In a way this forum section is even meant for exactly those kinds of things.

It doesn't really matter if there's a function for the current success rate (there is) it still allows the use of too many boosters.

While I suppose it isn't strictly a bug, there's a ton of potential for costly mistakes as well as abuse.

08/20/18, 08:58 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I'll throw in a safeguard.

08/20/18, 11:23 AM   #5
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I'll throw in a safeguard.
Thanks Chip!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] ImproveSmithingItem can use too many boosters