07/09/18, 11:50 AM   #1
Anceane

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
ItemPreview Tail call from ESO UI

I have no idea where to post that bug, but as i have it at least each time i use the mouse scrolling in my inventory, i post it here anyway.

At first thought it was from FurniturePreview but nope, no .lua of those are in the folder.

I can reproduce it each time i scroll over any item in my inventory be food, armor, weapon.

The addons i use for inventory management is : IIFA - and on some characters but not all is AutoCategory.
But i can not say if it is only ESO UI or addon concerned as this happens either with addons or NO addons at all.

Code:
EsoUI/PublicAllIngames/ItemPreview/ItemPreview_Shared.lua:704: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/PublicAllIngames/ItemPreview/ItemPreview_Shared.lua:704: in function 'ZO_ItemPreview_Shared:Apply'
	EsoUI/PublicAllIngames/ItemPreview/Keyboard/ItemPreview_Keyboard.lua:97: in function 'ZO_ItemPreview_Keyboard:Apply'
	EsoUI/PublicAllIngames/ItemPreview/ItemPreview_Shared.lua:509: in function 'ZO_ItemPreview_Shared:OnUpdate'
	(tail call): ?
07/09/18, 12:19 PM   #2
Shinni
What happens if you disable FurniturePreview, MasterRecipeList and CraftStore? The error message might not list these addons, but they use the same preview library. This library hooks into ItemPreview_Shared, so the error might be caused by them, even if they do not appear in the error log.

edit:
But i can not say if it is only ESO UI or addon concerned as this happens either with addons or NO addons at all.
I should read more carefully. So you already tested it without any addons.

edit2:
I think it is still related to one of these 3 addons. The error comes from a OnUpdate-handler. Such errors are also displayed after a /reloadui, even if the appropriate addon is not active anymore.
Try disabling all addons on the character screen and then logging into a character. In that case there should be no error.

Last edited by Shinni : 07/09/18 at 12:25 PM.
07/09/18, 04:08 PM   #3
Anceane

Originally Posted by Shinni View Post
What happens if you disable FurniturePreview, MasterRecipeList and CraftStore? The error message might not list these addons, but they use the same preview library. This library hooks into ItemPreview_Shared, so the error might be caused by them, even if they do not appear in the error log.

edit:

I should read more carefully. So you already tested it without any addons.

edit2:
I think it is still related to one of these 3 addons. The error comes from a OnUpdate-handler. Such errors are also displayed after a /reloadui, even if the appropriate addon is not active anymore.
Try disabling all addons on the character screen and then logging into a character. In that case there should be no error.
ok will do the testing that way a bit later. For now time for some chocolate and sweeties :P

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » ItemPreview Tail call from ESO UI