11/04/15, 04:38 AM   #1
Cripticcorp
Request - Second/Multi display monitor chat dialog window

I am curious if it would be possible to create an additional/existing chat dialog box that would be displayed on a second monitor for those multiple display setups.

My setup is a 55" led/lcd Tv with a small table to my right holding a old small 22" lcd monitor, I run the game in borderless windowed mode on the primary 55" tv. This allows me to easily use the second display for web searches,watching videos, etc.

I am wondering if anyone might be able to make essentially a duplicate of the chat box that will display on the second screen, or even the existing chat box being able to drag it over to that display.
Ideally it would be the existing chat dialog box and tabs simply dragged over to the screen with extended options such as individual tabs per whisper/private msg, copy/paste functionality, Maybe a docking bar at the top or bottom for dragging over non vital add-on information such as Awesome info.

I attempted to find an address for the in game irc server with hopes of using Mirc or web based irc chat client but was unsuccessful, if someone knows the irc server and I can access it via 3rd party irc client it would ultamatly work. Although I would like something so we would not lose the functionality such as, clicking on an item posted in chat then the dialog/info/picture displaying.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you.
Michael
11/04/15, 01:51 PM   #2
Ravalox Darkshire
Ravalox of Lake Superior

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I understand you request correctly; we have no way to create a UI element that can escape the confines of the ESO User Interface frame (the client application).

Currently, ZOS does not allow for elements from within the game screen to become Pop-Out applications that can reside on the user desktop.

The In-game chat system is using LUA scripting and is confined with in the client stream, so would not be accessible via the OS or other applications.
11/04/15, 05:08 PM   #3
Cripticcorp
Originally Posted by Ravalox Darkshire View Post
If I understand you request correctly; we have no way to create a UI element that can escape the confines of the ESO User Interface frame (the client application).

Currently, ZOS does not allow for elements from within the game screen to become Pop-Out applications that can reside on the user desktop.

The In-game chat system is using LUA scripting and is confined with in the client stream, so would not be accessible via the OS or other applications.
Thank you, I thought as much but I figured I would ask just in case.

I could follow up by asking if we enabled EyeFinity and stretched it to both displays could we maintain the same resolution/aspect ratio on the primary display and then some default background/extension/Filler of the games "border" to the secondary?
Basically it would be stretching the game to both displays but leaving a blank/filler on the secondary display that I could then drag Addons/chat over as I pleased?
Sorry I am extremely bad at explaining things plus I am very sleep deprived right now.
Not sure if EyeFinity is supported, I should have done my homework before asking.

Thanks again,
Michael
11/05/15, 03:31 AM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
If you would enable the image to be shown on both monitors it would need to render with the appropriate resolution then, I guess.
If your GPU is able to handle this you could try to enable a dual-monitor setup. But the image would be shown stretched over both monitors. It wouldn't only show the ingame graphics (enemies, background, cities, etc.) to the left one and the right monitor would be "ingame" too but showing nothing then a black background (where you could drag&drop your chat then).

I don't think this would be possible.
11/05/15, 03:34 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
try this addon to organize ui on few monitors

idk if it still working
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info7...ti-Screen.html
01/21/16, 06:04 AM   #6
JC242

I've played quite a few games that way, using 1.3 screens. I kept my chat on the .3 part (to left or right of main screen) and rarely got anything confused.

Not sure how this would work with differing resolutions/sizes, as text that would be HUGE on a 55" display would be barely legible on a 22" one.
01/24/16, 12:23 AM   #7
BigMons

I did something VERY similar to this, if not identical to what you are asking for, in WoW. Perhaps someone talented could look at the WoW method, if it's still around, and perhaps port it if possible. My discussion about this is and how I did it in WoW is in the comment thread for Wykkyd Multi-Screen, which I think is what QuadroTony linked to. Look for the comment by me at 10/29/14, 04:39 AM. I think that addon is primarily for running the game on 3 monitors though. I don't think it has the ability to restrict the viewport/game world to the primary screen.

It would be really great to be able to keep the world map open on a second monitor, but that may not be possible right now since it auto closes when you move. You could always use a minimap addon though and make the window bigger. You could keep a chat box open on that screen full-time too. I would really like to be able to free up valuable space on my little primary game screen by moving my minimap, chat, and quest tacker to my 2nd monitor.

EDIT: I did it in WoW on two different model monitors running different resolutions too, although they were similar.
EDIT: Here is the stuff I posted over there if you'd rather not go looking for it.
In WoW I used an addon called Sunn Viewport Art (linked at the end) that allowed me to run the client across two displays, but restrict the game rendering or viewport to my primary display. On the second monitor it was just black, but was still considered part of the game window. Therefore, I could move my chat window, my inventory/bags/bank, world map (always left open) and whatever other UI elements I wanted onto the second monitor.

I don't have a very powerful PC, so I don't think either game would run great on my two monitors. The biggest issue is that I only have 2 monitors instead of 3, so the bezels would be right down the center of the screen even if I could run it with decent performance. The other major issue that I would have is that my monitors are of differing sizes and resolutions (21" @ 1680x1050 and 19" @ 1440x900).

It took some tweaking and use of a 3rd party utility called Nircmd to get it working in WoW, but it was REALLY nice when I got it set up and was able to have a map open all the time on the 2nd monitor and especially nice to have my chat window off of the main game screen. Nircmd handles the resizing of the game window to a custom size and "maximizes" the window and removes the title bar. I play in full screen windowed so that I can use a web browser more easily while I play. I was actually able to have WoW resize so that it still left a small area to the side of the window on my 2nd monitor with my browser running behind it. This made it easier to click the browser and pull it to the top on the 2nd screen.

Is this mod capable of any of this? Can I modify the viewport with it? At the very least, I'd like to get my minimap and chat window onto the 2nd monitor and off the main ESO window if it was possible.

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/sunn-viewport-art

Last edited by BigMons : 01/24/16 at 12:27 AM. Reason: formatting

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request - Second/Multi display monitor chat dialog window