01/02/16, 04:12 AM   #1
CaptainBlagbird

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild members online

Is there an add-on that adds icons for all guilds with the online count (like the for the friends icon)? Or is someone bored enough to make it?
01/02/16, 11:14 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
As I don't know any addon doing this I might create a small one to show the number of online guild members inside the tooltip of the friends online icon in the chat (or something similar small).
01/02/16, 11:56 AM   #3
CaptainBlagbird

Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
As I don't know any addon doing this I might create a small one to show the number of online guild members inside the tooltip of the friends online icon in the chat (or something similar small).
Cool

Yeah I just realised it wouldn't be so easy to create new icons that behaves correctly when the chat is collapsed. Tooltip would be a reasonable option.

An other thing that came into my mind: Do you think if it's possible to change the default text near the icon (e.g. replace nr of online friends with nr of online guildX members)?
01/02/16, 12:24 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I won't replace it. Currently I try to add an extra icon (the scroll from the guild roster overview) and add the tooltip with the online/total members of each guild you are joined to.

Maybe I'll add tetx to the right of the icon too afterwards, but getting the online mmebers of a guild seems to be quite painfull (loop all members of a guild and check the status with GetGuildMemberInfo(...)), or i'm missing just a simple function that does it :-)

Edit:
Got an easier way :-)
local numGuildMembers, numOnline = GetGuildInfo(guildId)

Last edited by Baertram : 01/02/16 at 12:30 PM.
01/02/16, 01:32 PM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
You can download the fist version here:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...GuildInfo.html

It currently will not show the guild member online/total count as text inside the chat as it would "blew" the chat window if you are member of 5 guilds.
maybe I'll add it later.

Will recognize if you leave a guild/add a new guild, if a guild member status changes to offline and online.

Should work with minimized/maximized chat windows too.

And it will recognize other addons which add new icons to the chat (currently it only supports circonians MyStatus, but we could new ones if there are other addons doing this).
01/02/16, 02:39 PM   #6
CaptainBlagbird

Awesome, thanks!
01/02/16, 06:47 PM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I've updated the addon with some more options:

FCO GuildInfo

Shows your current guild(s) members online/total inside the tooltip of a new added icon in your minimized/maximized chat window!

Current layout possibilites are:
1. Show an icon + tooltip
2. Show text label + tooltip

You are able to control the addon via chat commands:
/fcogi or /fcoguildinfo <parameter>

<parameter> can be:
  • h or help or hilfe or aide: Show the possible chat commands ingame
  • dm or displayMode: Change the used display mode between icon or text label
  • lm or labelMove: Toggle the movement possiblity of the text label on/off
  • lmr or labelMoveReset: Reset the position of the text label to the standard and anchor them to the chat window again
  • sc or startupChat: Show the current online/total guild members in the chat as you start the game/do a ReloadUI
01/20/16, 08:13 PM   #8
JC242

I use Shussu's Guild Tools (the same guy who makes the LUA memory manager). It might give you way more information than you're looking for, as it is designed around several aspects of guild management, but you might want to check it out.

In turn, I'm going to take a look at FCO GuildInfo to see if it is more to my liking.

Last edited by JC242 : 01/20/16 at 08:14 PM. Reason: typo
01/24/16, 12:58 AM   #9
BigMons

Shissu Guild Tools seems like a really nice addon, but I feel like it's too bloated for my taste. It has too many functions that are duplicated in other addons that I use. I prefer smaller addons that do little things. I'd like if Shissu Guild Tools was actually a few smaller addons so I could install only what I was interested in. I'm going to install Baertram's addon now.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Guild members online