12/02/15, 08:14 PM   #1
Vixen Wilds
Out of date addon would like to see revived

I came across the Auto Decline addon while looking for addons to download. I noticed it has pretty much been abandoned by the author for some time now.

I was wondering if there was anyone that would be willing to update the addon. Or be interested in making a new one with same function but add a few features to it. One of the features I was interested in is the option to send a message to the person sending the invite. Another feature that would be nice is to add an option to add a sender to the ingame ignore list if they send a certain number of invites within a configured time frame.

If there is a current addon that would work in this same function, could someone post a link for it please. So far I've only found ones that block messages in chat only.

Thanks
Vixen
12/02/15, 10:59 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I was actually doing this for Guild Invites, a bit diferent, in nothank you. I can expand a bit for friends requests or group ones if you're really antisocial.

For quests you got addons which auto accepts or auto refuse.

ps: Autoreplies to sender are impossible without pressing "enter"

Last edited by Ayantir : 12/02/15 at 11:07 PM.
12/03/15, 12:12 AM   #3
Vixen Wilds
Its not that I'm antisocial. I just don't like receiving random invites from others that can't even ask first. Or they themselves are using an addon that sends out invites to others randomly. If I'm in the mood to group up, I'll use the chat and see who is looking for an extra or post I'm LFG.

As for the auto reply option, I'm not sure how different addons for ESO work compared to WOW. Its been a few years since I played, but there was an addon there I used for the same purpose that had all those options and it could send a whisper to the player sending the invite. Just can't remember the name of it now.

Thank you for taking an interest in my request.

Vixen
12/03/15, 05:49 AM   #4
haggen

Originally Posted by Vixen Wilds View Post
Its not that I'm antisocial. I just don't like receiving random invites from others that can't even ask first. Or they themselves are using an addon that sends out invites to others randomly. If I'm in the mood to group up, I'll use the chat and see who is looking for an extra or post I'm LFG.

As for the auto reply option, I'm not sure how different addons for ESO work compared to WOW. Its been a few years since I played, but there was an addon there I used for the same purpose that had all those options and it could send a whisper to the player sending the invite. Just can't remember the name of it now.

Thank you for taking an interest in my request.

Vixen
Hi, don't get me wrong but I think inviting someone to group is kind of "asking first". When I'm off adventuring I'm always looking out for players around the same level and apparently doing the same quests. Whenever I see one, I approach him/her and invite to group, and then, after he/she accepts I say hello and introduce me, let him/her know what I'm up to, etc. It's just quicker this way.

I respect your decision and it's entirely your right to not be bothered, I just found it odd when you mentioned it. Is it the general feel towards grouping?
12/03/15, 06:37 AM   #5
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by haggen View Post
Hi, don't get me wrong but I think inviting someone to group is kind of "asking first". When I'm off adventuring I'm always looking out for players around the same level and apparently doing the same quests. Whenever I see one, I approach him/her and invite to group, and then, after he/she accepts I say hello and introduce me, let him/her know what I'm up to, etc. It's just quicker this way.

I respect your decision and it's entirely your right to not be bothered, I just found it odd when you mentioned it. Is it the general feel towards grouping?
I personally do not like it when people invite me out of the blue. I expect them to first ask in /say or per whisper and then we get to the next stage which is inviting.
The problem I have with it, is that an invite requires me to give a definite answer (accept or decline), while a chat message is something I can simply ignore.

Even worse are those who send a guild or friend invite without having talked to me once.
12/03/15, 11:07 AM   #6
Vixen Wilds
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
I personally do not like it when people invite me out of the blue. I expect them to first ask in /say or per whisper and then we get to the next stage which is inviting.
The problem I have with it, is that an invite requires me to give a definite answer (accept or decline), while a chat message is something I can simply ignore.

Even worse are those who send a guild or friend invite without having talked to me once.
That is how I feel exactly about the issue. I prefer getting asked with a message first before the invite. Then there are the ones that keep sending the invites even after you have declined it once already. I also play ESO on console and have missed using addons because of this. I have been in the middle of a boss fight and have gotten some random invite of some type. I just think its polite to ask before hand is all.

Originally Posted by haggen View Post

As I mentioned in response to sirinsidiator above, I think its just polite to ask first before sending the invite. I will admit that I've had several bad experiences with random groups and individual people. So in general I do avoid them most of the time. I've also met some very nice people as well. But I've found that those are the ones that usually talk with me first before asking to group up or join a guild.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Out of date addon would like to see revived