11/29/16, 12:14 PM   #1
cloudor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Any event difference between cancel and confirm for ground abilities

I use EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_ABILITY_USED and EVENT_ACTION_UPDATE_COOLDOWNS to track ground abilities. When using another ability to cancel the ground ability, it fires same events as confirm.
11/29/16, 07:20 PM   #2
Diesosoon

Question Unsure

I know little to nothing but looked up something that may be of assistance. Just looking at some of the example code I thought it may be similar.

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5576
11/30/16, 02:22 AM   #3
cloudor

Originally Posted by Diesosoon View Post
I know little to nothing but looked up something that may be of assistance. Just looking at some of the example code I thought it may be similar.

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5576
Thanks for your reply, but I didn't figur out any solutions after read this.
11/30/16, 07:14 PM   #4
Diesosoon

Lightbulb Ifnot

Originally Posted by cloudor View Post
Thanks for your reply, but I didn't figur out any solutions after read this.
I was talking about this:
Code:
    if (not isDamage and not isHeal) or abilityId == 41467 or abilityId == 57466 or abilityId == 57468 or hitValue < 2 then return end
    local isCrit = result==ACTION_RESULT_CRITICAL_DAMAGE or result==ACTION_RESULT_CRITICAL_HEAL or result==ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK_CRITICAL or result==ACTION_RESULT_HOT_TICK_CRITICAL   
    local hit = {
        ["sourceId"]    = sourceUnitId,
        ["targetId"]    = targetUnitId,
        ["hitValue"]    = hitValue,
        ["abilityId"]   = abilityId,
        ["crit"]        = isCrit,
        ["heal"]        = isHeal,
        ["timeMs"]      = GetGameTimeMilliseconds()
Potential ifnotthan statement that could possible be included to correct the problem
12/02/16, 02:37 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
@cloudor
Maybe built an internal table with unique "groundtarget eventid = ability's id" when the event gets first fired. Insert a boolean value into the table like

local myAddon.activeGroundTargetAbilities = {
[abilityid of ground target here] = boolean value,
}

Set it to true if the ability is not in the table yet and the events fires the 1st time.
Check if it's in the table by "if myAddon.activeGroundTargetAbilities[ability id] then" and remove it if the event fires the 2nd time.
You're able to react on the ground target ability ids this way at the 2nd time if the event callback function parameters are always the same

Be sure to clear the table at realoadui (maybe inside callback function of player activated event) and where needed in between.
12/06/16, 07:32 PM   #6
cloudor

@Diesosoon @Baertram Thank you, I found a easy way to judge whether a ground ability is confirmed or canceled. If the ground ability is canceled by performing another ability, then the EVENT_ACTION_SLOT_ABILITY_USED will be immediately fired after EVENT_ACTION_UPDATE_COOLDOWNS within 1 millisecond. So I can solve this problem by doing a 2-staged lazy check.
01/05/17, 10:09 PM   #7
Arterion
Random thought: If the ground target is canceled, no resources will be consumed. Could you watch the resource (magicka, stamina, ultimate) and check to see if they decrease by the amount the ability costs? That would let you know when to start the timer.
01/06/17, 04:12 AM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The ground ability gets canceldd by "using" another ability and thus the ressources for the ground ability got used AND the new ressources for the canceling ability.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Any event difference between cancel and confirm for ground abilities