07/20/18, 04:37 PM   #1
l59362
Some AddOn causes "unopenable" coffers.

Hello, this happened several times already - i cant open coffer, i can see what items inside, but i cant see its description and cant take it.
My inventory is not full, coffer is not protected or smth like that.

Here is a screenshot
https://imgur.com/kbIRjaW
07/20/18, 07:14 PM   #2
Dolgubon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try disabling some addons, and see if that fixes it.
07/25/18, 08:21 PM   #3
SilverWF

Make a screenshot of all your addons (Settings - Addons)
07/27/18, 02:36 AM   #4
l59362
https://imgur.com/fHItcXt
https://imgur.com/mgOFzAZ

Here they are.
07/27/18, 06:39 AM   #5
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
From your addons list i'm not sure which one should cause this as I use a lot of these addons myself and never experienced any problems so far.

Backup your SavedVariables folder in total in order to get the data back if you experiment with addon settings etc.

So first update ALL your addons to the most current versions!
Check them ingame and compare them with www.esoui.com to see if you really own the most current versions.
Attention: Some addons got fixed with another version called something like "fixed" or "summerset" etc. and the official addon is not working properly anymore. So check if there are replacements which work with these additions in the name (and uninstall the original ones before installigng the new ones).

Check if the chat, or a popup, is showing some error messages upon opening a coffer. If so post the message here please.

Try to disable the 1st half of your addons and check if it works then.
If not do the same with the 2nd half.
-> Use an addon profile helper to assist you, e.g.
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info4...nProfiles.html
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...nSelector.html

If this does not help it might be some addon from 1st half together with the 2nd half.
I'd start with the addons which change something in the item tooltips as the tooltip on your screenshot is empty and seems broken.

This process needs time but should be worth the effort (maybe other users suffer form that bug too).
07/27/18, 08:09 AM   #6
l59362
Ok, i think i narrowed the problem to one addon, its "FCO Item Saver" i believe. Whenever i press hotkey for "mark for deconstruct", it breaks them coffers.

Edit: or simply FCO item saver.
Edit2: Next suspect - FCO item saver's unique id feature. When i set it to Enabled/on, coffers do break. When i toggle it off, things go back to normal.

Last edited by l59362 : 07/27/18 at 08:28 AM.
07/29/18, 08:30 AM   #7
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Thanks, will look into this bug.
08/05/18, 03:38 PM   #8
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Testing it at the moment and using the keybind for deconstruction + settings for using non-unique itemIds is not breaking anything for me.

Will test the unique IDs now.
Edit:
Somehow I cannot rebuild this bug with only FCOItemSaver enabled. Did you try it with ONLY this addon enabled? There must be some other addon in combination which interferes then.

Tested:
-Mark/demark with deconstruction keybind
-Open container (marked/unmarked with FCOIS marker icon)
-Open container protected with FCOIS anti-auto loot + auto loot + take all in eso settings enabled
-Loot items from container
-Hover mouse over items in container
-Take out items from container
-Tested with 4 containes in a row to see if after looting/mouse hovering something changes
-Tested with uniqueIDs and non-unique IDs

Everything works like intended for me. I'm not sure what to do even more sorry.
Please disable ALL other addons excep FCOIS and check if the error still applies. If so please send me your SavedVariables file FCOItemSaver.lua which you should find somewhere ar c:\users\username\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\SavedVariables

I'll try to to rebuild it then with your savedvars.

If the error is gone then please check which other addons were enabled before and find out which one got to do with looting, changing autoloot settings, tooltips and/or containers.

Many thanks

Last edited by Baertram : 08/05/18 at 04:11 PM.
08/06/18, 07:18 AM   #9
l59362
Sorry, i did not test it this extensively.
I noticed that after i mark my items, bug occures, tried a couple more times, it reproduced.
Then i went on reinstalling spree, starting with backups (because i did not want to loose all my marks). I "reinstalled" mod and saved variables (in different combinations).
It kinda did the job (no bug so far). So i think it was something local that "broke" addon.

Just in case, heres a saved variable for "damaged" version (i believe it is, its from minion backup)
FCOItemSaver.lua

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » Some AddOn causes "unopenable" coffers.