12/15/15, 11:07 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] Kill Events

Can we please have a dedicated event for when a player gets killed?
Right now this information is hidden within the combat events (ACTION_RESULT_KILLING_BLOW) and is incomplete.
There also seems to be a bug that makes combat event with the killing blow result fire again when a player respawns at a keep.

What I would like to see is an EVENT_PLAYER_KILL which gives information about who was killed by whom, which other players where involved as well as used abilities, gained xp and ap.
For example something like this:
Lua Code:
  1. EVENT_MANAGER:RegisterForEvent(NAMESPACE, EVENT_PLAYER_KILL, function(eventId)
  2.   local xpGained, apGained = GetKillRewards()
  3.   local killerName, killerAbilityId = GetKillAttackInfo() -- killerName == "" means that the player died to the environment (e.g. fall damage)
  4.   for i = 1, GetKillNumAssists() do
  5.     local assistName, assistAbilityId = GetKillAssistInfo(i) -- assisting players are directly involved with the kill and have done anything that makes them gain ap or xp for the kill
  6.   end
  7.   local targetName = GetKillTargetName()
  8. end)
The functions only return valid information during the execution context of the event and it should fire for every enemy player that counts as an assist or kill by the player or a group member and also when the player or a group member gets killed. So basically for everyone involved with us or a group member during a fight.
A separate event EVENT_NON_PLAYER_KILL should give the same information for NPCs.

02/08/17, 05:33 PM   #2
Solinur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Though this is old it is still very relevant. Any chances to see an improvement on this in the future?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Kill Events