11/19/16, 03:13 PM   #1
Sayinq
No "live" folder for addons! WTF

Recently started playing ESO. (Actually just downloaded it Friday to play for the ESO free-weekend). Anyways, I'm wanting to download addons to make this go much smoother than it is now. However, I have looked up how to get addons but i'm missing the "Live" folder.

1. I downloaded ESO off of steam, does that somehow have an affect?

2. Is there any way I can add the folder my self?

3. Is there no way for me to get addons because I don't have the live folder?

My ESO destination is: E:/SteamLibrary/Steamapps/Common/Zenimax Online
11/19/16, 03:35 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Welcome to the game.

You must have started the game at least once and log in to get the folders created.
They are normalle located at C:\users\<your windows username>\documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\AddOns".

Please search this forum also with criteria like "steam" or "windows 10" or "onedrive" to get infos about problems with addons and OneDrive + Windows 10.

Manual addon installation
Extract the addon zip files here and check if the addon only builds ONE subfolder with the addonname. Extracting a filename called "myStatus" (where the ZIP archive contains the folder "myStatus" will normally create a subfolder "MyStatus" and put the archive contents (the folder "MyStatus") in there.. This is wrong!
The path needs to be something like "...\AddOns\MyStatus" and not "...\AddOns\MyStatus\MyStatus"

Minion
You could also try the addon update tool Minion:
http://minion.mmoui.com/

It is very easy to use and updates your addons, makes finding new ones easy too.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » No "live" folder for addons! WTF