03/30/14, 03:32 PM   #1
Kane
Couple of Suggestions!

Great work so far. I hope you keep it pretty lightweight and not go crazy like someone I know :P

1) Have a refresh button to check for the latest versions. Just having Minion running there on my other window I could not find a way to check if there has been any new updates. Knowing that I actually had one I just closed and open it again. Just be nice when checking out addons installed if there was a simple refresh. Clearly put a 10-30 sec delay in the background prevent people using it to flood.

2) Be nice when looking for addons through Minion that we can also have a Last Updated, And Newest Addons sort as well. I myself like to see what is brand new but at the same time I also like to keep an eye on what keeps updating.

3) The top where it shows you logged in and you can click drop box to logout etc. Maybe add about 15 pixels space after the email/user just so you can clearly see the drop down arrow.

Looking forward to watching this advance overtime.
03/31/14, 10:30 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
1) Good suggestion. I'll add it to the feature board.

2) We do have that featured planned soon.

3) Ah you are right. I'll get that fixed. Thanks for noticing.
04/02/14, 04:48 PM   #3
skiant
Hope you don't mind if I hijack this thread to add a couple remarks of my own.

1. Resizable window: The list of addons can sometimes get quite busy so it would be nice to be able to benefit from my full monitor space.

2. Export addon list: Either to share a config with another computer (maybe something we could put in a dropbox folder to keep in sync), or in a plain text/bbcode format so we can show off on forums.

Thanks for the great tool by the way, it really makes managing a lot of addons easy as pie.
04/02/14, 05:06 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for your suggestions.

Both those features are planned for future updates. Once we get some of these bugs out of the way we can get to adding them.
04/03/14, 03:16 PM   #5
Flamage

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
More suggestions!

It would be great to see an addon's changelog in minion rather than having to open the website.

Along that theme, the changelog on the website doesn't show any dates, and (correct me if I am mistaken) I don't think minion shows your currently installed version, just what the latest is, so I don't think there is any straightforward way of telling what has changed since your currently installed version if you've missed a few updates.
04/03/14, 03:48 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The changelog on the website is formatted by the author. It's up to them to put version numbers and/or dates alongside their changes.
04/03/14, 04:12 PM   #7
santiagodraco
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The changelog on the website is formatted by the author. It's up to them to put version numbers and/or dates alongside their changes.
How about forcing them to add that information by creating fields in the addon submission form/process? Make versioning/timestamping an upload a requirement? You could always have an option for "not applicable" but at least this would motivate them more to add that information.
04/03/14, 04:14 PM   #8
santiagodraco
1. Sort by should be in columns not as a drop down. It's much more intuitive I think...
2. Add a date added/updated column to the addon list display.
3. Reduce the size of each addon's line in the addon list. Currently each addon takes up 3 lines making it somewhat space inefficient. Lot's of scrolling is required.... would be nice to see more at a single glance.

Thanks!
04/03/14, 04:16 PM   #9
santiagodraco
Sorry, one more!

4. Allow for dependency linking between addons so that you will know if you are missing an addon requirement. Right now it's a needle in a small haystack ;D
04/04/14, 06:22 PM   #10
choekstr

More suggestions

- How about smooth scrolling instead of jump scrolling with the mouse wheel? As it is, the window size shows 5 entries and my scroll wheel jumps 6 so I miss an add-on if I don't grab the scroll bar and do it manually; thus missing updates.

- Related and eluded to above, when jump scrolling it jumps beyond what is shown and the next screen doesn't include the very next item. let me try to explain: The first page is 1-5 items. The next page is 7-11 (missing #6!)

- Right now if you click on the name of the add-on it brings up the description. Extend that to the icon as well.

- Link to the comments for that add-on

- Add my votes for:
- refresh button
- resizable
- column sort
- far less real estate per add-on to fit more in the same space
- installed version plus new version
- Changelog

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Couple of Suggestions!