12/30/17, 02:25 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[fixed] bug with "Ask before quip" ZO_InventorySlot_WillItemBecomeBoundOnEquip()

Hey Chip,

in the file ingame/inventory/inventoryslot.lua lines 984ff the dialog that will ask if we really want to equip an item is handled.

The function used "ZO_InventorySlot_WillItemBecomeBoundOnEquip(bag, index)" is somehow not recognizing overland sets that are bind on equip (not bind on pickup!) as relevant for the dialog?
Why not?
I've tried it with some items and the result of the function will be "false", but the item is unbound and will get bound on equip, so it should return true!

-> After testing some more it seems that the item's quality is the reason. Only item quality blue or above will be protected against equip with your dialog, but green items and below aren't. This is not the sense of a "Ask before bind" dialog imo and I'd like you to change this to protect all items that can be bound. Thank you very much,

If I disable all addons and just try to equip an unbound set part of "Syrabann" or "Spriggans" or no set part but a found axe that get's bound on equip and is unbound:
The dialog won't be shown and the items will be equipped directly.
Why is that?

Another possible bug within this dialog is:
If you press the "Abort" (do not equip) button in the dialog the ClearCursor() is missing and the item will be still selected from your inventory. If you than just click with the left mouse the item destroy dialog will show as you tried to destroy the item!

The dialog only sometimes seem to work and most of the time for "Bound on pickup" items that are tradeable (radeable within dungeon group members).

Could you please fix this so the dialog will ALWAYS show for items that are still unbound and tried to be equipped? Or add an option to the base game so we can handle this to our needs? There are several users asking us to do this by addons but THIS should definately be a base game option.

Many many thnaks for your help.

!!!Have a happy new year!!!

Baertram

Last edited by Baertram : 01/01/18 at 03:37 PM.

01/02/18, 10:20 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We'll be able to fix both of these. Thanks.

02/21/18, 06:59 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hi Chip, this does not seem to be fixed with the current version on live.
Just tested:

Created a destro staff of Torug's and equipped it without addons (quality white): No dialog was asking me if I want to bind it. Created another one and improved the quality to purple eh voila: The dialog asked me.

Green quality wasn't showing a dialog neither. Started to show at blue quality first.

02/21/18, 09:29 AM   #4
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
It was fixed too late to make this patch. It will be in the next one.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [fixed] bug with "Ask before quip" ZO_InventorySlot_WillItemBecomeBoundOnEquip()