04/01/18, 02:46 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] unique account identifier

With display name changes being easily possible, it is practically impossible to keep track of users in guilds. It would be great if we had some way to uniquely identify players via some id and also some event in the guild history, telling us when someone changed their account name. Tracking sales of a member in a trading guild across name changes is one of the use-cases I am thinking of. It would also allow for a more effective blacklisting of misbehaving players from guilds (e.g. when they robbed a guild bank - since ZOS policy until now has been to not do anything about that). This could also be used to solve the problem with addon save data not automatically transferring over when the user changes his account name.

04/02/18, 09:15 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
How are display name changes possible?

04/02/18, 09:44 AM   #3
Shinni
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
How are display name changes possible?
Login on https://account.elderscrollsonline.com, then go to Edit Account Info. There you can edit your display name.

04/02/18, 09:48 AM   #4
Scootworks

i guess displayname changes are not supported in the game? i‘m pretty sure there are people on my ignore list with another name now

04/02/18, 10:11 AM   #5
Ayantir

I personnally changed my displayname long time ago with CS, and now it's a basic feature on account settings.

and I second this.

04/02/18, 10:40 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by Scootworks View Post
i guess displayname changes are not supported in the game? i‘m pretty sure there are people on my ignore list with another name now
At least the entries on the friendlist are automatically showing the new name. Almost certain the ignore list works the same way, but can't really say since I never have ignored anyone until now.

04/02/18, 07:13 PM   #7
Dolgubon

I would think igore lists from the game changes automatically. But not having some hung that's automatic is also annoying for guilds who want to keep some ppl out.

04/03/18, 04:06 AM   #8
sirinsidiator

Yeah. A blacklist for guilds offered as part of the game would ofc be superior to anything any addon could ever produce!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] unique account identifier