10/18/14, 08:04 AM   #1
baratron
Exclamation Minion did not update an addon properly

I am using Minion for Mac OS X. I don't know where to find the details you wanted because the instructions are only for Windows, but at the bottom of the Minion window it says Build: 5301f19c2a83d870393a28eb91242540375ffd3c.

Yesterday I updated 4 addons, including Advanced Filters by ingeniousclown and Randactyl, using Minion as usual. Unfortunately the Advanced Filters addon was left in an entirely non-functional state, and I received UI errors every time I switched character.

I assumed that this meant that a file called libFilters wasn't loading, and came to ESOUI to see whether I needed to obtain it separately.

It transpires that in fact the addon .zip on the site here is complete, but for some reason Minion decided not to add the new, additional, directories.

This is a screenshot of the addon as it appeared in my Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns directory, updated by Minion:

However, since version 0.7.0, it should have had two additional directories and a readme file, as seen in this screenshot:

Even more interestingly, the .zip file for this addon, which was dumped into my Elder Scrolls Online/live/AddOns directory instead of Downloads as usual, is only 49 kB instead of 180 kB like it should be. Obviously something truncated the download - but what, and why? I never attempt to close Minion until it shows all addons as being fully updated.

Any ideas?
10/18/14, 06:23 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
To get at your minion.xml and minion0.log on your mac open a terminal window. The terminal is found under your utilities folder in your applications folder (I'm sure you already know that but just in case). Type the following into the terminal:

open ~/.minion

and a window should open listing those files and more. Just attach those files here to this post.

If any of those addons have folders with the same names (include the same libraries) and then an update to one of them the author decided to remove the library Minion will remove that library folder even though those other addons need it. We are working on a fix for this. You'll need to re-install one of those other addons to get this fixed for now.

As for the truncated downloaded file, not sure what could have caused that. If you delete it and then try having Minion download the AddOn again does the same thing happen? If you haven't restarted or reloaded Minion since then the answer might me in the minion0.log. Just keep in mind the minion0.log is reset every time you restart Minion.

Last edited by Dolby : 10/18/14 at 06:28 PM.
11/03/14, 11:10 AM   #3
Randactyl
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In reply to baratron's issue, Advanced Filters only added one directory (extrafilters) in version 0.7.0. "lib" had always been there containing "libFilters" and "LibStub"

To add to this, I just updated all of my addons on the site, then downloaded them through Minion into my playing directory.

Minion did not properly update five addons:

Dye Station Achievement Links (DyeLinks-1.1.0.2.zip)
Imperialization (Imperialization-2.2.0.2.zip)
Move All Items (MoveAllItems-1.4.1.1.zip)
Quality Sort (QualitySort-1.0.0.2.zip)
Stock Up (StockUp-1.0.1.0.zip)

The zip files for these addons still reside in my ESO Addons folder, where I assume Minion downloads them and then is supposed to unpack and delete the archives.

minion.xml
Warning: Spoiler

minion0.log
Warning: Spoiler

Looking over the log myself, it looks like the unpack failed because there was a git repository (unrecognized files) in the destination directory and Minion couldn't/wouldn't delete them. I know having that repository there is not ideal, I'm planning to move it. But perhaps Minion can be made to ignore hidden files and folders?

edit: this was before the November 3rd update.

Last edited by Randactyl : 11/03/14 at 11:25 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion did not update an addon properly