09/12/14, 08:15 AM   #1
akeesti
Minion Issues

Ok, so I searched the WORLD WIDE WEB for a work around with this stupid MINION it wont load and goes into "not being able to find the internet"

It worked fine until you updated it!

I deleted all and re-downloaded many times. I also have checked ALL my fire wall setting from Norton's. it worked before and does not work now after update. NOT MY END.

MINION YOU NEED TO ROLL BACK YOUR VERSION AS I CAN NO LONGER USE YOUR PRODUCT. ALONG WITH MANY OTHERS WHO ARE NOT COMPLAINING here, BUT ARE COMPLAINING IN ESO.

And no I am not providing a log file. This is an issue with YOUR end and is effecting many people.

FIX it or a lot of us will go to a more reliable program.

Seriously.

FIX IT! OR ROLL IT BACK! If this would be my program, we would have rolled back weeks ago! its unusable and a pain in the ass. I will not change my setting to run a program that should work correctly as advertised.

Again, its your end.

Annoyed and tired of trying to fix it or wait for a fix.
09/12/14, 11:04 AM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Did you at least try the 2.0.12-alpha version (not knowing if your on osx or windows)? Did it work? I'm guessing your localhost is not set to 127.0.0.1 under your hosts file. In a recent update minion binds to the localhost so it can tell if you accidentally try and run another copy of Minion. Before you could open Minion multiple times and it would cause all sorts of problems. So anyway if 2.0.12-alpha works for you (skip the update prompt when asked) then hopefully we may have a fix for you soon.

Its a bit difficult for us to determine why its broken for you if you don't share your log. You can also email your minion0.log and minion.xml to me at [email protected] if you rather.

Thanks for taking the time to test our free beta software, we appreciate it. The reason we put it out there is so people could try it and help us find the bugs. Hopefully we will accidentally fix the issue you are having and you'll be happy again.

Anyways I hope you have a great day. Try and do something to make your self happy. You seem so angry and its not healthy if a little thing like an AddOn updater not working sets you off like that. /hugs

Last edited by Dolby : 09/12/14 at 11:29 AM.
09/12/14, 12:16 PM   #3
akeesti
unhappy.

Yes, I am unhappy that after oh gee I don't know, many logs you guys received from others on the same issue and you don't have a work around or even a "we are working on it"

It's the same EXACT problem for everyone. And its way more then three or four people. As such I can't update all of my add-ons from Minion and will have to remove them and find a better service. I should NOT have to spend hours reconfiguring my computer to get this to work when you all have been told....it worked fine before the last update. And yes I tried everything you mentioned above.

bottom line

It is NOT OUR end and the program worked great before the update. Figure it out.

Sorry if I come off unhappy, but I loved program before "SOMEONE" made a program change and poopood the whole dang program.

A voice for many frustrated users.
09/12/14, 12:23 PM   #4
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Yes but each of those logs show a different problem. They aren't all the same. Have you looked at them? Many were issues on their end like extremely high latency connections, issues with their localhost, firewall issues, etc (we are working to make Minion more friendly in these situations too). You could have a network error we havent even seen yet too. who knows? (not me).

Now there is a bug we've been trying to track down but only 1 log shows the bug, the rest are on the users end and we've been able to help them fix it (while we work on Minion to handle these issues better). If you're the another person experiencing the real bug it would be helpful to see the network errors. Just look for the errors in the log near "checkNetworkConnection" in the log and paste them hear if thats ok, if not don't worry about it. I'm not forcing you to do anything.

We are providing this software free and are gamers just like you. As well as its in beta and is the entire reason we released it to you guys, so we could get the error logs when something goes wrong. The more logs we get the better chance we have of finding a pattern. 4 or 6 logs may not be enough to track this issue down. If people don't post their logs or at least the errors then how are we suppose to blindly fix it? Especially when it isn't the same error, it only displays network trouble to you in the UI but it gives a better reason in the log.

It sounds like you dont want to be a beta tester and thats fine. I'd suggest waiting until the beta is over then. You'll probably be much happier.

If an earlier version worked for you here is the download to some earlier versions. If you choose install one you will be prompted to update, just skip it otherwise it will install the version that doesn't work for you. I'm not sure what was the last version to work for you was though:

Windows 64bit
2.0.12-Alpha (newer than current version): http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.12-alpha.exe
2.0.10-beta http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.10-beta.exe
2.0.9a-beta http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.9a-beta.exe
2.0.8-beta http://cdn.mmoui.com/minion/Minion2.0.8-beta.exe

Last edited by Dolby : 09/12/14 at 01:05 PM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion Issues