11/17/17, 08:26 PM   #1
aldericon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] GetGuildTabard(playerName) API Function

Would it be possible to add an API function to grab the guild name that a player is currently showing in their nameplate (from their equipped guild tabard)? This would be best implemented using the player's character or display name, since many functions include that in their parameters, as opposed via a unitTag.

One way I'd like to use this is to be able to see which guild members in group currently have the right guild name showing. Although my example is for group members, extending the function to be used for anyone - including opposing players in PVP zones - would be a great way to go, as the guild name is already available information we can see just not access via code at the moment.

11/20/17, 04:42 AM   #2
Ayantir

Just grab item name from the equipslot ?
it's GetItemLinkFlavorText no? I don't a lot of access, but you don't need a new api function for this.

11/20/17, 07:31 AM   #3
Solinur
I think he is talking about the tabards of other people.. Since he wants to check who in his guild has the wong tabard equipped.

11/20/17, 08:41 AM   #4
Ayantir

Damn, yes. A request about Nameplates.

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6295

Sorry.

11/20/17, 10:07 AM   #5
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
The best we could do is give you the guild id. But the entire guild system is based off of a fake id instead of the real guild id, so it would involve changing those APIs to use the real guild id.

11/20/17, 10:49 AM   #6
sirinsidiator

The real guild id is already used by some events (join/leave guild). Maybe instead of changing the whole system you could just add a bunch of new functions like GetGuildNameFromRealId and GetGuildIdFromRealGuildId, along with GetUnitTabbardRealGuildId. Maybe also a GetUnitKioskRealGuildId for NPC traders which would allow me to create my own local mapping between ids and names as requested here.

11/20/17, 11:37 AM   #7
Dolgubon

Could there just be a new function, GetGuildIdGlobalName() or something, in addition to the global guild id from the tabard?

11/20/17, 05:34 PM   #8
aldericon

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
Just grab item name from the equipslot ?
it's GetItemLinkFlavorText no? I don't a lot of access, but you don't need a new api function for this.
I had played around with that while building my addon (Auto-Tabard) but the GetItemLinkFlavorText didn't return it, because if you try linking a Guild Tabard, it only ever says 'Crafted' where it usually says 'Represents: GUILD NAME'.

But decay2 is correct - I'd like a way to grab it from other players, friendly and enemy, as long as they have their settings set-up to display it. And I had no idea that their were similar threads already posted, such as Ayantir's nameplate request or sirinsidiator's Guild Kiosks thread.
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The best we could do is give you the guild id. But the entire guild system is based off of a fake id instead of the real guild id, so it would involve changing those APIs to use the real guild id.
If the guild id is all that you can give us, can we do as sirinsidiator suggested and be able to map that id to a Guild Name?

I really appreciate all the talk on this thread for suggestions on how to get it to work.

11/21/17, 05:16 PM   #9
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Yeah, we could key the name API off of a different guild id as gross as that is.

11/21/17, 06:28 PM   #10
Rhyono
Using GetGuildName(number guildId) as an example:

Rather than have a second function for all of these, could you just slap a mode on it?

GetGuildName(number guildId,boolean mode)

mode = true then it assumes the guildId given is the true ID.
If blank or false, it assumes you mean local ID.

11/22/17, 03:28 AM   #11
sirinsidiator

Please no mode flags! They are bad practice since they change a function from "does this" to "does either this or that". Give the "new" guildId a differnet name. e.g. guildUid, guildIdGlobal, realGuildId and name the functions accordingly.

11/25/17, 09:16 AM   #12
aldericon

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Yeah, we could key the name API off of a different guild id as gross as that is.
Does this mean that you're going to try to implement my idea? Just want to confirm; if so, I can prepare some code for it's arrival.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] GetGuildTabard(playerName) API Function