09/25/17, 06:54 PM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] Add AbilityId to GetKillingAttackInfo()

GetKillingAttackInfo(number index)
Returns: string attackName, number attackDamage, textureName attackIcon, boolean wasKillingBlow, number castTimeAgoMS, number durationMS, number numAttackHits, number AbilityId

I was wondering if it would be possible to add the abilityId of an attack into GetKillingAttackInfo()?

I've undertaken quite an endeavour to add custom icons for various attacks, monster sets, and enemy abilities into the default buff/debuff frames and for the buff/debuff frames added in LUIExtended as well as Combat Cloud, with some hook support for other addons. (Small sample here: https://puu.sh/xIVRH.png)

GetKillingAttackInfo() is the only case I've run into where I can't modify the data shown for an ability based off the abilityId.

Right now I'm in the process of trying to also add the icons to Death Recap for consistency - however I'm stuck doing in it a rather draconian method where I build a custom table of attackIcons, attackNames and enemy names to determine what to replace. I have the ability to modify most values this way but with certain shared attack names there's not an easy way to resolve things outside of adding an entry for all NPC names that happen to use that ability.

Last edited by ArtOfShred : 09/25/17 at 07:01 PM.

09/27/17, 04:25 PM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Yeah, we can do that.

09/28/17, 10:24 AM   #3
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Yeah, we can do that.
Awesome, this will save me so much time!

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] Add AbilityId to GetKillingAttackInfo()