04/12/14, 08:29 AM   #1
Windshadow

Question Where do I report errors from ESO add ons?

I âme getting addon UI error reports each time I launch the game

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30 attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:New
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30:257: in function '(main chunk)'
I dismiss that and this is next up

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:50: in function 'HArvest.CreateCompassPin'
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:64: in function 'HArvest.InitalizeCompassMarkers''
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMap.lua:195: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad'
I dismiss that and get

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/CustomCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:AddCustomPin'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:74: in function 'EHMInitializeCompass'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:236: in function 'EHMOnLoad'

Now I can find no way to copy paste this stuff from the game and I am a slow one at the keyboard so if this stuff is of no use or interest I will ignore it this set was also there yesterday when I started to play and I run Minoin each day before I start to play
04/12/14, 08:56 AM   #2
ingeniousclown
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Windshadow View Post
I âme getting addon UI error reports each time I launch the game

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30 attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:New
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:30:257: in function '(main chunk)'
I dismiss that and this is next up

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:50: in function 'HArvest.CreateCompassPin'
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMapCompass/customCompassPins.lua:64: in function 'HArvest.InitalizeCompassMarkers''
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/HarvistMap.lua:195: in function 'Harvest.OnLoad'
I dismiss that and get

User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/CustomCompassPins.lua:61: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
User:AddOns/HarvistMap/CustomCompassPins/customCompassPins.lua:61: in function 'COMPASS_PINS:AddCustomPin'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:74: in function 'EHMInitializeCompass'
User:AddOns//EsoheadMarkers/EsoheadCompass.lua:236: in function 'EHMOnLoad'

Now I can find no way to copy paste this stuff from the game and I am a slow one at the keyboard so if this stuff is of no use or interest I will ignore it this set was also there yesterday when I started to play and I run Minoin each day before I start to play
You should post it in the comments section of the specific add-on that is causing the problem. In this case, it seems to be "HarvistMap".
04/19/14, 12:53 PM   #3
Bl4ckSh33p

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the author has a portal here on esoui.com there is a section for bug reports.
There should be a button labelled "Bugs" on the addons page.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esobugs.JPG
Views:	780
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	170  

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Where do I report errors from ESO add ons?