Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
06/06/17, 12:32 PM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[implemented] skillLineId

Hello,

Handling of skillLines is since the begenning of the game very hard to do.
With the dynamic attribution of almost all skillLines, it is even more hard to guess which skillLine is behind a skillLineIndex.

For now, to know which SkillLine is behind which skillType/skillLineIndex, I basically check the skillLineName.

If it meets, it's the good one but it require that I have all skillLineNames in every language.

I could do this also by checking how much abilities there is in a skillLine but with perpetual addition of skills, it is also painful.
ex: you added as #1 skill new ultimates in weapons, you dropped emperor skillline, you changed abilityId on *some* racials, you add dynamically skillLines in the World skillType, also depending on which language you started game (not reloadui) the tradeskill skilllines are not in same order (and yes, API is faked by C++ here).

And now with the addition of unlocked but undiscovered skillsLines, it's even more hard.

So.. Can we have a skillLineId please ?

Few interesting functions :
  • IsSkillLineIdUnlocked(skillLineId) = boolean isUnlocked
  • GetSkillLineIdIndices(skillLineId) = number:nilable SkillType skillType, number:nilable skillIndex
  • GetSkillLineInfo(number SkillType skillType, number skillIndex) Returns: string name, number rank, boolean discovered, number skillLineId

Thank you.

Last edited by Ayantir : 06/06/17 at 12:42 PM.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [implemented] skillLineId