06/29/17, 07:03 AM   #1
BoarGules

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Event for when Fast Travel is complete

I would like to get a notification when characters arrive at their destination after Fast Travel. I thought the event EVENT_FAST_TRAVEL_NETWORK_UPDATED looked promising, but it doesn't seem to fire when I expect it to.

Any ideas?
06/29/17, 07:11 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

Don't think there is an explicit event for that.
You could try to hook into the method that starts fasttravel and set a boolean. I think it's save to assume that EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED is fired when you arrive at the destination. Check the boolean in the event handler and you should have what you want.
06/30/17, 02:15 PM   #3
iwontsay
Originally Posted by sirinsidiator View Post
Don't think there is an explicit event for that.
You could try to hook into the method that starts fasttravel and set a boolean. I think it's save to assume that EVENT_PLAYER_ACTIVATED is fired when you arrive at the destination. Check the boolean in the event handler and you should have what you want.
It is. I noticed it with a bug in the AddOn "SocialStatus" which failed to deregister itself from the event after being fully logged in. Without this, it resetted my online status whenever I switched areas. That included fast travel or entering or leaving a dungeon or delve.

But if you wish to explicitely catch fast travel and ignore everything else that involves an area transition, sorry, you may be out of luck. There you might have to set a flag when a fast travel is initiated (or register for event listening) and have the event handler do the rest.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Event for when Fast Travel is complete