11/10/17, 12:32 PM   #1
Liofa
Synergy Cooldown Tracking

Hey all ! I need an addon that can track cooldown of each synergy I used . I know for a fact that each synergy has a cooldown of 20 seconds . Is there an addon that can track my cooldowns for each synergy ? Something like this : I use Energy Orb synergy and it starts counting down from 20 . After 5 seconds , I use the Liquid Lightning synergy and it starts counting down from 20 again while I still can track the Energy Orb cooldown going down from 15 .

Is this already made or possible with an addon ? If so , any information would be highly appreciated ! Thanks

-Liofa
11/11/17, 07:02 AM   #2
hueftspeck
Searching too

Hey Liofa,

iam seraching too for this kind of addon. No way to track this on srendarr.

hope for response. Thanks!

gz
11/12/17, 08:23 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If I remember correct we only have an event that tracks if a synergy has changed:
EVENT_SYNERGY_ABILITY_CHANGED (number eventCode)

But I think there is no direct possibility to track which synergy was used, or even if a synergy was used.
Maybe this had changed in the past and the combat api is allowing us to get the info meanwhile? Anyone else knows?
11/13/17, 07:11 AM   #4
Liofa
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
If I remember correct we only have an event that tracks if a synergy has changed:
EVENT_SYNERGY_ABILITY_CHANGED (number eventCode)

But I think there is no direct possibility to track which synergy was used, or even if a synergy was used.
Maybe this had changed in the past and the combat api is allowing us to get the info meanwhile? Anyone else knows?
I was managed to see if a skill was used with an addon called AuraMastery . I added the Shards skill as an action and when someone used the skill , I could see it with a countdown I chose . But it was not tied to the synergy use . Even after I used the synergy , it was still counting down and the most important problem was , it didn't start the countdown when I activated the synergy but started it when my teammate used the skill itself . I tried to do it the way I wanted but it just didn't work or I couldn't manage to do it :/
11/13/17, 12:37 PM   #5
Dolgubon

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7058It doesn't detail how exactly it's done though, I think.
11/13/17, 12:44 PM   #6
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ah, if Letho asked for it I bet it's implemented in his addon:
http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...ramastery.html

Maybe try this check for the synergy.
11/16/17, 06:58 AM   #7
Solinur
I guess the key would be finding the right effect ID's for the synergy.
11/16/17, 12:53 PM   #8
Liofa
I managed to do it with help from a good friend , using AuraMastery . Only problem is , even though someone else activates the synergy , countdown starts . We couldn't do it the other way . It still works though but if someone can manage to make it work only when the player presses the synergy , that would make things a lot better
11/17/17, 05:37 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Could you provide the info how and what you added into AuraMastery to show the synergies? Maybe you got a list of the ids that you've added?
Write to the addon author of AuraMastery, maybe he can somehow help you to filter out the ids if someone else used them (if possible).
11/19/17, 05:49 AM   #10
Phinix

Something you can do with Srendarr is enable chat debug with optional repeat filtering and look for the ability ID of the synergy when you activate it.

The game tends to have multiple versions of abilities with different ID's depending on the rank of the ability that made the synergy available, plus there seem to be a lot of random ID's with the same names of player abilities, probably used by NPC's. This makes pre-building a database of all mined ID's for an ability name a bit daunting, as there can be dozens of ID's for a single ability and 4 ranks of each of probably close to a hundred possible synergies. At some point performance becomes an issue. Plus you would have to manually discover/verify all the current synergy ID's you wanted to track in this way, and build a database with the recharge time.

However, if it is absolutely a fact that 1) every synergy in the game has a 20 second re-use timer (time until the same player can use it again?), and 2) if different synergies have have their own recharge timers and do not share a 'global synergy cooldown' of some kind, then it would be a fairly simple feature to add at least for testing purposes.

Basically you could have a list like the Prominent and Blacklist you could assign to a bar, and enter synergies by ID or name, and have Srendarr track their cooldown with an aura. However, to implement this I would definitely need to verify the above two points with certainty.

Is it really possible for a player to activate more than 1 synergy in a 20 second window so long as they are different? In group and raid settings (bosses, dolmans, etc.), there are TONS of synergies flying around yet it doesn't seem like you can spam the synergy button and activate multiple different ones in a short time.

Maybe I am lagging or others are using them up (I'm still not clear if all synergies can only be 'consumed' by a single player or which ones let multiples, and how many). Still I wouldn't be surprised if there is some secondary 'personal cooldown' where regardless if they are different synergies, a player cannot personally activate more than one synergy in X number of seconds. 4 seems like a pretty standard number, like enchants and I believe poisons as well?

There are some gaps there that need filling.

Last edited by Phinix : 11/19/17 at 05:58 AM.
11/19/17, 06:41 AM   #11
Letho
The questions you provided are definetely important, let's hope chip will find his way into this thread and shed some light on them

Concerning the problem with AuraMastery:
I forgot to include custom durations into the "player only" statement. If you enter the lockout ability id for the shard/orbs lockout, everything works fine, until you enter a custom duration for it. As soon as a custom duration is set by the player, the aura will trigger by combat events from ALL player characters around you, not only those triggered by the player himself. I just fixed it locally, next major release shouldnt be far away.
In a future build i will implement a field where ppl can enter something like "check for specific source unit", to filter bosses and other units out.
11/24/17, 08:19 PM   #12
Solinur
Originally Posted by Phinix View Post
Is it really possible for a player to activate more than 1 synergy in a 20 second window so long as they are different? .
You can use multiple synergies within 20s. Think of tanks providing alkosh.
That aside using a synergy takes a little time, like a skill but can be canceled by bar swapping. In the end you can use one per second (or a little less than 1s), but each synergy gets a 20s cooldown.

Bubbles/Shards share cooldown, so watch out there.

Last edited by Solinur : 11/25/17 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Edit for clarity
11/25/17, 02:34 AM   #13
Letho
who are you referring to? I don't understand what you wanted to tell us^^
11/25/17, 02:37 PM   #14
Solinur
fixed that
11/25/17, 04:14 PM   #15
Letho
ah right. Well, orb/shards are communicated by a special effect, I dont know if that is the case for every synergy.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Synergy Cooldown Tracking