04/28/17, 05:48 AM   #1
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
bugs in the guild kiosk hiring interface?

I can't really tell for myself as I only have bidding permissions in one guild, but one of my officer who has them for several guilds claims for some time now that the interface is bugged.

There are two bugs he told me about:
1) When he tries to hire an unclaimed trader and a different guild hires the same trader a tiny bit faster, the attempt to hire the trader as a replacement trader gets somehow converted into a real bid, effectivly locking his guild into a spot they do not want. This seems to be happening occassionally over a period of a few month already.

2) When he places a bid for one of his guilds and a different guild didn't place a bid yet, both guilds get the same bid placed for the same spot, effectivly locking one guild into a spot they do not want. This happened for the first time this week.

I haven't encountered them myself. Did anyone hear about something like that or have this happen to them?

The Lua code for the interface seems to be fine, so if this is indeed a bug and not a user error, it has to be something in the client or server code.
Regardless of what it really is, it shows that the bidding system should have some way to remove an unwanted bid from a kiosk. For example allow to undo the bid for an hour. That way stuff like this wouldn't be an issue.
04/28/17, 07:45 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Thanks for the info. I'll pass the information on to the server team.
04/28/17, 11:34 PM   #3
Noobanidus

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Thanks for the info. I'll pass the information on to the server team.
Seconding that: I wrote an addon that wrapped the GuildKioskBid with a conditional for a friend who was having issues where people accidentally bid on a trader instead of hiring. It was not actually possible to ever call the original Lua bid function, but somehow a "hire" placed at the same moment as another guild "hired" was converted into a "bid" somewhere else in the back end -- nothing was hired, but a bid was placed for the kiosk.
04/30/17, 01:32 PM   #4
sirinsidiator

Just got new information about the second bug. A different guild on the EU server had the same problem this week, where one of their officers would place a bid for guild A and it would place the same bid in the same spot for guild B who he is an officer of too.

So far both guilds encountered the bug in the same situation as far as I can tell.
They both had lost their trader in the week before and didn't get a backup through hiring.
They haven't placed their bid at the time when it happened.
An officer with more than one guild and bidding permissions in both guilds bid for the other guild.
The bid was placed for both guilds on the same trader at the same time.

I can find out the names of the guilds and times when it occured and send them via pm if you need the information.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » bugs in the guild kiosk hiring interface?