08/11/17, 06:37 PM   #1
tomtomhotep

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question Generating an Item Link

Hello.

Are there any API functions or any way to generate an itemLink for an equipment item if you have the following:
  • Required Level
  • Required CP (or 0)
  • ARMORTYPE_xxx constant (or nil for weapons/shield)
  • EQUIP_TYPE_xxx constant (or nil for weapons/shield)
  • WEAPONTYPE_xxx constant (or nil for armor)
  • ITEM_TRAIT_TYPE_xxx constant
  • ITEMSTYLE_xxx constant
  • (string:nilable) setName (as would be returned by GetItemLinkSetInfo())

(but the item does not exist in any of player's bags, and player is not at a crafting station)

The addon I am making allows player to create a list of items to be crafted for another person, and I would like it to be able to mail the list of item links of the requested items before the addon user crafts them (like a confirmation).
08/11/17, 07:48 PM   #2
Dolgubon

Short answer, no. I've looked into it, both for the writ crafter and the set crafter. Unfortunately, you MUST have the ItemId of the item you wish to craft. The ItemId is dependent on a few things: The specific piece (medium hands, heavy belt, etc.) the trait, and the set. For JUST crafted items, this means you have 13 thousand different itemIds. As far as I know, there is no pattern.

That said, I do have a table of every single item ID, but it's 200 kb and I don't think you can really justify using it in an addon.

Sealed writs are close, and easier but they lack the level and quality, unfortunately.
08/11/17, 08:26 PM   #3
tomtomhotep

Ok. Didn't think so.

Thanks.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Generating an Item Link