09/24/17, 09:04 AM   #1
dacayk
CP jump point addon?

I'm looking for an addon to make the process of allocating CP in accordance with jump points easier/faster:

https://alcasthq.com/eso-championpoints-jumppoints/

Something like a feature to snap the relevant trees to their jump points, or at minimum a list of the jump points in the CP UI so I don't have to use windowed mode or keep alt-tabbing.

Does this exist, or would anyone be interested in making something like this?
09/24/17, 09:26 AM   #2
Shinni
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You don't need an addon for that. All CP percentage bonuses simply round down the bonus to the nearest integer, i.e. 14.9% is actually just a 14% bonus. If spending one more point increases the displayed bonus to 15.X%, then the point was a jump point, because your received bonus increased from 14% to 15%.
09/24/17, 09:46 AM   #3
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Maybe print out the jump point graphic to paper
09/24/17, 09:59 AM   #4
Kyoma
I never really understood why people would ask about jumppoints as they are distributing CPs. I can understand the need for the jumppoints when you're working on theorycrafting but beyond that it's just a matter of rounding down.

Edit: But actually, an addon that would change the "+1" to "+X" so it always takes the next jumppoint might be interesting.

Last edited by Kyoma : 09/24/17 at 10:01 AM.
09/24/17, 10:37 AM   #5
Ayantir

I could add it in one of my addons.

But if I understand well, the rule is that all CP buffs are rounded to floor value ?
09/24/17, 11:46 AM   #6
Scootworks

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post

But if I understand well, the rule is that all CP buffs are rounded to floor value ?

correct... somebody knows if the red cp tree is still bugged?
09/24/17, 11:52 AM   #7
dacayk
I double checked, it does seem to always round down, although if the CP lands on an integer it rounds to the previous integer in some cases, if Alcast's chart is correct. In that case you guys are right, it isn't really needed, though it might still be a nice feature for those unaware of how the rounding works.
09/24/17, 05:49 PM   #8
Tonyleila

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post

That woud be nice! Need and addon that just gives a hint when you have usless points set.
09/25/17, 03:33 AM   #9
MarkusFox
I approve of and will endorse such an addon. One that will help allocate CP to "jump points" either actively (based on player input) or passively (requiring the player to allocate manually like they do currently in vanilla).
09/25/17, 04:17 PM   #10
Gamer1986PAN
Some Values are a bit curious. Like the Ironclad where 51 Points are 19,00 but you need 52 Points to be rounded to 19%. When you only use 51 Points you only get 18%... So i don't need the Addon, but it would be nice to have it because you don't have to double check values like that...
09/25/17, 04:40 PM   #11
Solinur
Originally Posted by Gamer1986PAN View Post
Some Values are a bit curious. Like the Ironclad where 51 Points are 19,00 but you need 52 Points to be rounded to 19%. When you only use 51 Points you only get 18%... So i don't need the Addon, but it would be nice to have it because you don't have to double check values like that...
A while ago I reverse engineered the exact formulas for cp.

The problem with tooltips is that it rounds with 2 decimal digits precision. However the actual CP effect function uses floor. So if the function gives a value of 13.997 the tooltip shows 14% while the real effect is 13%.

You can find the exact function in my Constellations addon (starting line 361 in Constellations.lua) or here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/intr...7/#post-680900

Last edited by Solinur : 09/25/17 at 04:44 PM.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » CP jump point addon?