05/05/17, 05:48 PM   #1
rullof
EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT and Damage Type (Direct Damage vs Damage over Time)

Hey everyone,
I'm currently developing an AddOn which requires a feature for distinguishing between Direct Damage and Damage over Time as a core element of the AddOn.
I'm using the result variable sent by the EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT event which can provide the following values:

ACTION_RESULT_DAMAGE
ACTION_RESULT_CRITICAL_DAMAGE
ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK
ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK_CRITICAL

The problem is the (ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK and ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK_CRITICAL) values are only returned when the damage ability explicitly states (X damage over Y seconds). For all other abilities including the ones that states (X damage every Y seconds) the result variable holds the value (ACTION_RESULT_DAMAGE or ACTION_RESULT_CRITICAL_DAMAGE) therefore I can't really distinguish between Direct Damage and Damage over Time.

My development progress is currently stuck at this stage and I cannot go any further without solving this issue. Please if there is any other way of implementing this feature help me out. For @ZOS_ChipHilseberg is it's possible to change the event manager so that the result values (ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK and ACTION_RESULT_DOT_TICK_CRITICAL) includes all Damage over Time abilities such as (Elemental Blockade and Endless Hail ...).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by rullof : 05/05/17 at 05:50 PM.
05/06/17, 02:14 AM   #2
Letho
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Looks like you have to hardcode a lookup-table for all dot-spellIds and check if it's in that table. loooooots of work^^

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » EVENT_COMBAT_EVENT and Damage Type (Direct Damage vs Damage over Time)