09/03/17, 03:07 PM   #1
nightstrike2
Maximum sell / transaction rate

I have been working on my own little addon to try to learn how to script for this game. I made a tiny addon to mark Treasure items that I pick up as Junk. It worked great! (Yes, I know there are others out there that do this; I was trying to do it myself).

I decided to add a feature where when I open up a Fence store window, I automatically sell all treasure items marked as Junk, sorted by value to sell the most expensive ones first. I put in debugging to show me the list being generated, and it all worked nicely. When I run it for real, however, the first item sells fine. Then, I hear the sound that plays when your inventory is full, and I am automatically logged out a few seconds later. I asked Support, who won't tell me if that's an indication that I'm doing something unallowable.

I peeked into Dustman's script, and that does almost the same thing (well, it does a lot more, but for this purpose), other than restricting the maximum number of transactions to 98. That's a strange number. Where does that come from? Would that explain what I'm seeing? Are we not allowed to do more than 98 things at once? If I stop after, say, 3 will I not get forcibly booted?

I'm scared to keep trying to debug, as Support won't tell me what's going on. Can we debug scripts on PTS without fear of being banned? I'm heavily invested in this game with real money and of course personal time, so I am afraid of having that at risk.

Last edited by nightstrike2 : 09/03/17 at 03:08 PM. Reason: More info.
09/03/17, 03:41 PM   #2
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
100 transactions in a 10 seconds window = message warning for spam
110 transaction = kick

I could have set 99, but I let 1 message in case of for another addon dealing simultaneously
09/03/17, 03:50 PM   #3
nightstrike2
Wow, really? Where is this documented? How should a new person like me learn what all of these rules are (I'm sure there are more)?
09/03/17, 03:55 PM   #4
Ayantir

You test, it bug, you search, you find. Welcome to developper world.
09/03/17, 03:58 PM   #5
nightstrike2
How do you test without getting banned? Can you do development safely on the public test server?
09/03/17, 04:03 PM   #6
Ayantir

You can't be banned by developping addons following API, be serious

The only thing you can have is a function being changed because you found something which won't please to devs

Or if you're banned that's because you really doing something which break the game and intentionnaly.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Maximum sell / transaction rate