04/11/18, 03:58 PM   #1
VulcanTourist
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon to force quest focus on zone map and not dungeon?

I am sick of the game's default moronic behavior of zooming directly into a dungeon map whenever I select a quest while viewing the map or from the journal. I want to see where in the world that I need to go to begin the quest; I don't need to see the dungeon map until I'm already there!

Is there an addon that resolves this little stupidity by forcing the focus to remain in the zone that contains the dungeon? I thought I had an addon already with a setting for that, but I can't find it now.

Last edited by VulcanTourist : 04/11/18 at 04:05 PM.
04/12/18, 04:10 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Never heard of an addon doing this. ArentÄ you just able to right click the mouse after the map zoomed and you see the zone then?
04/12/18, 05:30 AM   #3
VulcanTourist
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
Never heard of an addon doing this. ArentÄ you just able to right click the mouse after the map zoomed and you see the zone then?
When I right-click the mouse it does indeed switch back to the zone map, but it displays the entire zone and isn't zoomed-in and centered on the location of the dungeon. On a zone map crowded with various pins it can take quite some time to single out exactly where the pin for the quest is. I'm sick of repeating this process constantly. I perceive that AVOIDABLE waste of my time as a problem to be solved, as would any engineer.
04/12/18, 12:31 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
The quest info is not giving any data about the "parent's map" but only the map of the dungeon then.
You'd need to build a list of quest name = parent map location x, y and hook the functions in the "show quest on map" stuff (if possible) to read this table of information.
I guess the effort is way to high to be done if not needed for themselves.

So, as you save time using oher addons it should be enough time less for you to open the quest, press the "show on map" keybind, check the "dungeon name at the top left corner and store it for 20seconds in your brain", press right mouse button and search the delve/dungeon on the map (maybe filter some map pins so you only see those instead of all).

Or use the ingame /bug chat command to raise that avoidable time consumption to the game developers. If enough ppl tell them they might change it.

Or go and engineer your addon for it.
Learning lua, addon coding and howtos can be found here on the esoui wiki, right side:
http://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page
04/15/18, 01:35 PM   #5
VulcanTourist
Originally Posted by Baertram View Post
The quest info is not giving any data about the "parent's map" but only the map of the dungeon then.
You'd need to build a list of quest name = parent map location x, y and hook the functions in the "show quest on map" stuff (if possible) to read this table of information.
I guess the effort is way to high to be done if not needed for themselves.

So, as you save time using oher addons it should be enough time less for you to open the quest, press the "show on map" keybind, check the "dungeon name at the top left corner and store it for 20seconds in your brain", press right mouse button and search the delve/dungeon on the map (maybe filter some map pins so you only see those instead of all).

Or use the ingame /bug chat command to raise that avoidable time consumption to the game developers. If enough ppl tell them they might change it.

Or go and engineer your addon for it.
Learning lua, addon coding and howtos can be found here on the esoui wiki, right side:
http://wiki.esoui.com/Main_Page
I didn't see you reply for several days. I will indeed be reporting it as a bug, and also weighing the possibility of solving it myself.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon to force quest focus on zone map and not dungeon?