12/02/15, 12:26 PM   #21
TERAB1T
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Chip, can you tell us, why in ESO is available only latin (and extended latin, but not whole) charset? Why cyrillic, greek and other charsets are programmatically blocked? I saw you added support for letters ñ (for Spanish players) and å (for Scandinavian players). Is there any chance that you can add support for cyrillic letters?

Last edited by TERAB1T : 12/04/15 at 03:08 PM.
12/10/15, 07:55 AM   #22
DarioZ
Many thanks!
12/11/15, 01:54 PM   #23
TERAB1T
Hey Chip! Any news for us?
12/14/15, 12:04 PM   #24
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
The known bugs have been fixed and are being verified. As for Cyrillic, the game font does not have glyphs for Cyrillic characters so we can't just add them to the base set. We'd have to do something special that would let them be used in localization but then not used in things like chat or guild/character names because those need to show up properly on clients that aren't using default fonts.
12/14/15, 01:25 PM   #25
Vikki
Chip, could you give us a rough idea of terms?
12/15/15, 03:54 AM   #26
Scraelos
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
The known bugs have been fixed and are being verified. As for Cyrillic, the game font does not have glyphs for Cyrillic characters so we can't just add them to the base set. We'd have to do something special that would let them be used in localization but then not used in things like chat or guild/character names because those need to show up properly on clients that aren't using default fonts.
Hello, Chip!
First of all, many thanks for your work with community.
Is it so hard to obtain cyrillic and other glyphs?
If so, you could just add our characters to base set, but programmatically forbid to use them in user input, such as chat, guild and character names. I think, it will not affect user expierence of those who use default fonts.
12/18/15, 12:58 PM   #27
TERAB1T
Chip, is there any chance that you will release update before the New Year?
12/20/15, 03:17 AM   #28
QuadroTony
Banned
looks like no patch 21 December either
01/05/16, 09:06 AM   #29
TERAB1T
Chip, please give us any info about release date.
01/05/16, 11:51 AM   #30
CradonWar

It's been two months but still there is not even an information. If you're not going to release that patch, please just let us know.

Last edited by CradonWar : 01/08/16 at 11:00 PM.
01/05/16, 12:06 PM   #31
haggen

Although I agree a ping every now and then is great he's not a lone wolf, Chip works for a company, a big one, he has procedures to follow and a boss to report to, etc, so take it easy guys.

Great relations with the community is good but not top priority of any company. :P
01/07/16, 07:15 AM   #32
sirinsidiator

This might not be entirely on topic, but I was wondering if it would be possible to add a method GetEngineString (or some other name) that can return any string that is located in the non-lua localization file.
That way it would be possible to use NPC name and location translations among other things in addons.
01/08/16, 01:06 PM   #33
Ckau

Hey Chip! Any news for us?
01/08/16, 02:04 PM   #34
Ayantir

Spamming here won't help. Just wait ? ZOS already respond that translation *will* come back. You just need to wait and meanwhile, improve translations..

If I was you, I'll focus for a resolution of your problem not before Thief Guild instead of asking myself every two days .. "will it be at next week ?"

Chip is not only a dev, he's a boss, have a boss, got deadlines and got ultra critical things to do (already late!) before critical things to do (do it today !!), before urgent things to do (this weeks!) before low level features (after or while lunchtime / week-end / at home@VPN).

Last edited by Ayantir : 01/08/16 at 02:06 PM.
01/19/16, 08:55 AM   #35
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
I can officially say that the custom localization changes will be included on the PTS realm for the upcoming patch in early February. We had hopes to get the changes onto live earlier, but it ended up being an 80+ file hand coded merge with the live code base that we didn't feel confident to launch in an incremental patch environment.
01/19/16, 09:04 AM   #36
Scraelos
Thumbs up

I can officially say that the custom localization changes will be included on the PTS realm for the upcoming patch in early February. We had hopes to get the changes onto live earlier, but it ended up being an 80+ file hand coded merge with the live code base that we didn't feel confident to launch in an incremental patch environment.
Thank you! I will get drunk this week or something like that
01/19/16, 10:13 AM   #37
TERAB1T
Great news! Thanks for this update, Chip!
01/22/16, 11:55 AM   #38
JohnnyKing94

FINALLY... YEAHHHHHHHHhh...
02/03/16, 02:53 PM   #39
TERAB1T
2.3.0 patch notes have been published, but I can't find any mention of custom localizations in it. Why?
02/03/16, 03:22 PM   #40
JohnnyKing94

Originally Posted by TERAB1T View Post
2.3.0 patch notes have been published, but I can't find any mention of custom localizations in it. Why?
I think we need to wait for API changelog to know more about it...

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Custom Localizations