07/04/14, 03:16 AM   #1
zgrssd
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What The Elder Scrolls Online Can Teach You About Social Media & PR

What The Elder Scrolls Online Can Teach You About Social Media & PR
Read more at http://www.business2community.com/so...xJ2MetG678s.99

Like me the author totally expected the issues we have after launch. He even waited for a few weeks before buying it because of negative critique.
Only to realise that the bad reviews were way out of proportion. And that the biggest fault Zenimax might have made was not giving enough statements and thus leaving negative stuff too much room to grow and foster.

But then again I think that people who claim they did not expect the issue we are having now are just playing dumb. And terribly at that.
07/04/14, 02:27 PM   #2
SkOODaT

completely agree its a AWESOME GREAT game better then alot but all this silence about everything :S its killing them... i had to badger for days on official forums just to get that small bit of information about the API Changes And bugs ie: DisplayName issue fix eta which there isnt lol :S

Last edited by SkOODaT : 07/04/14 at 02:31 PM.
07/04/14, 03:29 PM   #3
Sasky
Whether it's press releases or just plain interaction, one of the biggest issues around release was (and still is to some degree) simply lack of communication.

A lot of time, you're really left wondering whether the bug reports are noted and being worked on. It's understandable that large coding issues can take a couple weeks to get around to and track down, but how do people know about it? It could even be right around the corner. I remember one person complaining about a bug/exploit he reported using the ingame report mechanism a month prior and hadn't seen anything about. One of the mods somehow saw the post and checked -- it was slated for the next patch already.

-------------------

That said, a lot of the developers here who work in the software industry would probably be appalled if we could see into their dev (and especially QA) process...
08/05/14, 05:09 PM   #4
skyraker
There was one big issue that should have been minimized prior to release that, to me, was not blown out of proportion. The botting issue was terrible, and everyone knows when games come out that people will try and bot. But it seemed like nothing had been implemented at release to minimize botting. Yeah, it is hard to stop all botting from happening, but something would have been better than nothing.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » What The Elder Scrolls Online Can Teach You About Social Media & PR