05/24/16, 01:56 PM   #1
prasoc

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] "SetESOPlus(bool)" as a developer tool

This feature would be VERY useful while developing addons: A developer's function to toggle the state of ESO Plus for the current log in. It wouldnt be available in the main build.

In the DB update, there are big features that *require* an ESO plus subscription, and trying to test whether your addon functions correctly both WITH ESO plus and WITHOUT ESO plus is a big problem!

What do you all think? We already have access to unlimited money, items, etc. in the PTS so it seems a little restrictive that we can't toggle ESO Plus

05/26/16, 11:32 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Sounds good for me.
I bet they won't implement it as you could easily spend some money to get PLUS, beside spending time for building features the game lacks (or fixing game bugs)

05/27/16, 07:51 AM   #3
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
We put out some feelers about possibly getting ESO Plus turned on for PTS on all accounts. Would that be an improvement? Unfortunately ESO Plus status would not be easy to toggle on and off.

05/27/16, 08:38 AM   #4
votan

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
We put out some feelers about possibly getting ESO Plus turned on for PTS on all accounts. Would that be an improvement? Unfortunately ESO Plus status would not be easy to toggle on and off.
I think, the intention behind is to test addon behavior with and without Craft Bag available, or 10% exp bonus, 10% reduced analyse time and so on.

Maybe a pre-game checkbox?

05/27/16, 10:02 AM   #5
QuadroTony
Banned
what about to see how many time ESO+ left in the game, not on the site?

05/27/16, 10:24 AM   #6
Ayantir

I guess the buff is with an infinite time and set at connexion throught a script who check your subscription on the zenimax account server

ps: I would also like this, but having a permanent eso+ status enabled on pts will be clearly fine for me.

regards, " a craft bank modder "

05/28/16, 10:29 AM   #7
prasoc

Thanks for the quick response. The global effect of enabling ESO Plus for ALL PTS accounts is a good idea, but will be a temporary solution for this update. If more features are added that are Plus exclusive, then it would be great if maybe it could be toggled *somehow*. I don't know how hard this may be, but it would be a VERY useful feature for ALL addon authors.

Could you have a toggle option in "AddOnSettings.txt" which goes like:

Code:
#Version 100015
#LoadOutOfDateAddOns 1
#ESOPlus 1
The PTS client will recognise this boolean, but the main client won't read it, is this a possible solution?

prasoc

05/28/16, 01:16 PM   #8
Ayantir

or just enable this feature with incremental updates one is enabled, one is disabled.

05/29/16, 06:48 AM   #9
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
What about addin a setting in the user account where you are able to turn on/offESO+ for the PTS servers?

10/11/16, 04:22 AM   #10
Ayantir

A little bump because the more perks you add in eso+ the less we can do.

I've personally re-subbed specially for Roomba Guild bank restacker with crafting bag at DB and because of Dyer improved Dye station UI and my weakness for testing Costume dyes at SoH but I'm pretty sure that I won't sub again.

Do as you want, the most important is that we're able to have an access to ESO+ on PTS.
Permanent on only during the 15d NA testing cycle

Thank you.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] "SetESOPlus(bool)" as a developer tool