03/21/14, 01:50 PM   #1
This Name is Taken
desired poll

Class - Role (Tank/Healer/Melee dps/Ranged dps) - Race - Alliance

(i've divided this into four categories since "class" isn't such a defined quantity in ESO)

So to clarify, i didn't participate in Beta so its possible that this is all NA.
I have seen some people throw up numbers making claims for a poll they conducted (If they are made up i have no idea). but source to source seems to vastly contradict each other.

I've always enjoyed playing the least desired combination of these identifiers. So i find it particularly interesting to learn what initial role, people gravitate towards.

also, one concern of mine,... PvP. seems to be it will be unbalanced number wise. Most of what i've read Aldemiri and Ebonheart seem like they will be much more populated than Daggerfall alliance. I hope there is a way to provide some kind of balance based upon overwhelming number differences between factions.

anyway, a short reply to Class/Role/Race/Alliance would be appreciated. gl hf, less than a week away.
03/22/14, 12:59 AM   #2
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by This Name is Taken View Post
Class - Role (Tank/Healer/Melee dps/Ranged dps) - Race - Alliance

(i've divided this into four categories since "class" isn't such a defined quantity in ESO)
At level 15, you can get a second weapon/actionbar to swap to in combat. By then, you will have an idea what you enjoy playing and what might be needed in groups. You can easily tune your character.

The things to note are that all class skills use magicka and scale on it. All of them.

Most weapon skills use stamina, except for staves.

If you want to have healing, that means you'll either have to use a class skill or a resto staff, both of which use magicka. It's certainly possible to have a magic-based tank or melee dps, but you won't be able to use as many weapon skills or block very long (which uses stamina).

Thus, just play to level 15, and you'll figure it out. Don't stress. If you have to respec, you can afford to (although it'll hurt a little, so you can't do it often).

ESOUI » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » desired poll