10/29/17, 12:04 PM   #1
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdate] Manifest txt changes: Libraries in subfolders of disabled addons get loaded

Hey Chip,

given the actual addon TweakIt there is a subfolder "KeybindSearch" containing a library (which is designed for the addon TweakIt as it seems) containing a manifet txt and lua code files.

If I disable the addon TweakIt the subolder KeybindSearch is still parsed and the manifest txt file will load the code of file KeybindSearch.lua

This will lead to an error as in there is an access to the global variable Tweakit which wasn't created as the addon TweakIt is disabled in the ingame addon manager.

Is this a wished behaviour? Why should the game load txt files in subfolders of disbaled addons? This makes no sense, and will force us to remove such folders from the addons directory if we wan't to disable them during gameplay (like e..g inside Cyrodiil I disbale the addon and would have to remove the folder from the AddOns folder).

Maybe such libraries should inherit there state from the parent addon folder where they are located, or something like this.

Baertram

10/30/17, 07:46 AM   #2
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
There is no relationship between addons in other addons subfolders. They are each presented in the addon settings. Changing this will be complicated because the same addon can occur multiple times. If it can occur in subfolders of both enabled and disabled addons then it has to be loaded which means it can't be assumed that just because one addon that depends on it is disabled that it will not load.

10/30/17, 08:04 AM   #3
Kyoma
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
There is no relationship between addons in other addons subfolders. They are each presented in the addon settings. Changing this will be complicated because the same addon can occur multiple times. If it can occur in subfolders of both enabled and disabled addons then it has to be loaded which means it can't be assumed that just because one addon that depends on it is disabled that it will not load.
Well...it should only be loaded if atleast one enabled addon contains it.

10/30/17, 12:39 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Ok so in this case I would have had to check the addon manaer for the "KeybindSearch" entry and disable it.
I think this paticular libary was only made for te addon TextureIt so it shouldn't have a seperate txt file.

But I'd second this:
Originally Posted by Kyoma
Well...it should only be loaded if atleast one enabled addon contains it.

10/30/17, 01:10 PM   #5
sirinsidiator

Wasn't the library directive supposed to take care of that?
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
I talked to our UI designer about this and we came up with adding a new checkbox to the addon window that auto manages dependencies and a new directive to mark an addon as a library. When you enable an addon it enables all addons marked as libraries that it depends on. And when you disable an addon, if libraries it was using became unused they are disabled. The addons marked as libraries would not be shown in the list in this mode. You could toggle off this auto mode and the libraries will be shown in the window and can be managed directly. Would something like this work?

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Bug Reports » [outdate] Manifest txt changes: Libraries in subfolders of disabled addons get loaded