07/25/17, 04:13 AM   #1
ovinnik
New Error Message

Hello,

as of patch v3.0.12 I've been receiving an error message when trying to access specific addons:

user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/controls/submenu.lua:107: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
user:/AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/controls/submenu.lua:107: in function 'LAMCreateControl.submenu'
user:/AddOns/Srendarr/Settings.lua:405: in function 'CreateWidgets'
user:/AddOns/Srendarr/Settings.lua:530: in function 'CreateTabPanel'
user:/AddOns/Srendarr/Settings.lua:705: in function 'CompleteInitialization'
EsoUI/Libraries/Utility/ZO_CallbackObject.lua:111: in function 'ZO_CallbackObject:FireCallbacks'
user:/AddOns/SkyShards/Libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:682: in function 'CreationFinished'
user:/AddOns/SkyShards/Libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0/LibAddonMenu-2.0.lua:770: in function 'DoCreateSettings'
EsoUI/Libraries/Globals/globalapi.lua:195: in function '(anonymous)'

Not sure if the patch is actually responsible. I didn't change anything and there are no missed updates for those addons available, either. Does anyone know what's up with this?
07/25/17, 04:18 AM   #2
sirinsidiator

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addon SousChef is most likely using a very old version of LibAddonMenu which causes this issue. The latest patch might have had some influence on the load order of addons which is why SousChef's version of the library suddenly gets loaded first. To fix it, you can simply delete the folder AddOns/SousChef/libs/LibAddonMenu-2.0.
07/25/17, 04:36 AM   #3
ovinnik
Thank you very much, that seems to have fixed it.

SousChef is old indeed, but it's the only addon that does exactly what I've been looking for (and doesn't come with a gazillion other features I don't need). Hopefully it continues to (somewhat) work for a time yet.
07/25/17, 04:17 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The addon works, just the library libAddonMenu 2.0 was not updated. As others addons provide the same addon library libAddonMenu 2.0 the addon SousChef is able to work and use the other addon's library instance.
So just delete the library there inside SouSChef and it will be loaded from another up2date addon, and will continue to work.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Help/Support » New Error Message