03/13/17, 12:42 AM   #1
tawniey
Request: Guild/Friend Furniture Crafting List

I hope this wouldn't be too difficult, as I know there are addons that can track multiple characters-- but I'd love to see an addon where you can track your friends or guildmates learned recipes-- particularly furnishing.

I'm in a crafting guild, so guildmates who could opt in to show their recipes would be great, but friends list would be a huge help on its own!
03/13/17, 09:05 AM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like the sort of thing that would require an external program that edits your saved vars and a server for exporting your known research. I can't think of any easy way to communicate this much data in game.
03/13/17, 12:07 PM   #3
tawniey
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
It sounds like the sort of thing that would require an external program that edits your saved vars and a server for exporting your known research. I can't think of any easy way to communicate this much data in game.
Hmm.. Okay. Is there any way that something could be done where you can export/import known data and share a simple file with friends to contribute that information to their addon? Similarly to harvestmap's import/export feature?

Also, to clarify-- since there are already many existing addons that can provide a list of furnishing recipes-- craftstore, for one-- all this addon would need to do aside from sharing that data would be to say at the bottom of a recipe and/or finished item (can be crafted by PlayerX, PlayerY, PlayerZ). Perhaps a dropdown list where you could choose a player and see only their known recipes could be incorporated, but would definitely be a secondary function.

Thank you for your time!

Last edited by tawniey : 03/13/17 at 12:17 PM.
03/13/17, 12:13 PM   #4
Rhyono
That should be doable.
03/13/17, 01:54 PM   #5
manavortex

If you use Furniture Catalogue you can make your friends send you their SavedVariable files and then add the character entry to your SavedVariables.
Unfortunately we can't have own events from our Add-Ons, so all sharing requires copying and pasting files in some way.
03/14/17, 07:18 PM   #6
tawniey
Originally Posted by manavortex View Post
If you use Furniture Catalogue you can make your friends send you their SavedVariable files and then add the character entry to your SavedVariables.
Unfortunately we can't have own events from our Add-Ons, so all sharing requires copying and pasting files in some way.
At present, I can't seem to figure out a way to even obtain the SavedVariable files from the addon's folder in any way. Copying and pasting files would be fine, as I had mentioned an import/export feature in a later comment. Thanks for your help!
03/14/17, 07:48 PM   #7
Noobanidus

It is technically possible to communicate via guild member notes if you are in a shared guild that allows you to edit member notes. The question would be more along the lines of if there's enough space in the member note in order to transmit that kind of information -- and whether your guild leaders would be comfortable with you using it like that.
03/14/17, 07:55 PM   #8
Rhyono
Guild notes have a 254 character limit. If you're trying to relay the info to a single person, mail would be far more viable.
03/14/17, 09:12 PM   #9
tawniey
Originally Posted by Noobanidus View Post
It is technically possible to communicate via guild member notes if you are in a shared guild that allows you to edit member notes. The question would be more along the lines of if there's enough space in the member note in order to transmit that kind of information -- and whether your guild leaders would be comfortable with you using it like that.
I am not sure I'm following here... you can't communicate the vast number of recipes you know over guild member notes. There are literally thousands. It is not a viable solution.
03/14/17, 10:25 PM   #10
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by tawniey View Post
I am not sure I'm following here... you can't communicate the vast number of recipes you know over guild member notes. There are literally thousands. It is not a viable solution.
There's maybe say, 2000 (saw something that said 1134, but I think some ppl have said 2k). You can communicate 1960 different recipes through guild notes. It is a viable solution. That said, it would take up pretty much the whole note.
03/16/17, 03:45 PM   #11
tawniey
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
There's maybe say, 2000 (saw something that said 1134, but I think some ppl have said 2k). You can communicate 1960 different recipes through guild notes. It is a viable solution. That said, it would take up pretty much the whole note.
I appreciate the comment, but manually maintaining and entering 2000 lines of data may be technically viable but is frankly ridiculous. By that logic, there are many current addons that are largely unnecessary because there is a current in game measure that you could use if you wanted to spend multiple hours weekly to do it. It is 100% beside the point and does not contribute to the conversation at hand.
03/16/17, 04:06 PM   #12
Rhyono
It could probably be where you manually open the guild note, use a slash command which tallies and formats your knowledge and then writes it to the note. I don't think it'd need to be fully manual.
03/16/17, 04:42 PM   #13
Dolgubon

I appreciate the comment, but manually maintaining and entering 2000 lines of data may be technically viable but is frankly ridiculous. By that logic, there are many current addons that are largely unnecessary because there is a current in game measure that you could use if you wanted to spend multiple hours weekly to do it. It is 100% beside the point and does not contribute to the conversation at hand.
Sorry, I guess I wasn't too clear. I meant that an addon could do it. Given that we're talking about ways an addon could transfer information, I would have thought that would be clear. Given that, it does contribute, because guild notes are a viable way to communicate knowledge (or lack) of 2032 different recipes.
03/16/17, 11:01 PM   #14
Noobanidus

Code:
SetGuildMemberNote(number guildId, number memberIndex, string note)
and

Code:
GetGuildMemberInfo(number guildId, number memberIndex)
Returns: string name, string note, number rankIndex, number playerStatus, number secsSinceLogoff
I'm sorry if you misunderstood my comment or didn't realise that it was possible for addons to modify member notes. Regardless, there's no need to be quite so rude about it.
03/17/17, 10:33 PM   #15
Rhyono
Originally Posted by Dolgubon View Post
I'm curious how you plan to compress the data into that 254 character space. To compress a boolean dataset to fit in there, you'd have to use Base-256 or close to it. However, ESO doesn't support a lot of the Unicode necessary to do that.
03/17/17, 11:26 PM   #16
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
I'm curious how you plan to compress the data into that 254 character space. To compress a boolean dataset to fit in there, you'd have to use Base-256 or close to it. However, ESO doesn't support a lot of the Unicode necessary to do that.
Well, that was the idea. I didn't know ESO didn't support it, though from a quick check it does seem to support that.
03/17/17, 11:31 PM   #17
Rhyono
I believe it supports the first 255, but you have to account for the first 31 or so that cannot be used. Once you're past 255 it gets sketchy but you might be able to string together some that it supports.
03/17/17, 11:52 PM   #18
Dolgubon

Why couldn't you use the first 31? It just renders as a box, sure but it's still unique and you can still get a number from it, as far as I can tell.
03/18/17, 09:12 AM   #19
Rhyono
Ah, the text editor I was checking them with was showing that since it failed to convert that character that the boxes had the same value. Maybe ESO was still retaining their true value while the editor wasn't.
03/18/17, 01:00 PM   #20
Dolgubon

Yes, it seems like ESO does retain the values. I did a = string.char(1), and d(string.byte(a)) outputs 1

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Request: Guild/Friend Furniture Crafting List