08/24/16, 09:27 AM   #1
Ayantir

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
2.6 Update

Hello,

2.6 Update (One Tamriel) is planned to pop on PTS next week.

More info : http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en...nd-one-tamriel

I would like first to thanks sirinsidiator for his 2.5 update post.

Now, back to business, so some placeholders :

Last edited by Ayantir : 09/05/16 at 10:18 AM.
08/29/16, 01:28 PM   #2
Ayantir

As you may have noticed, PTS is a bit delayed.

Feel free to answer here if you don't plan to update your addons, maybe someone will take over.

If you're new and want to start an addon, please consider first updating an existing one.

Thank you.
09/01/16, 01:24 PM   #3
Ayantir

PTS is in few hours,

A reminder (also for myself), don't forget the website attribute of the lam panel if you use it.

Main addons we'll lost / need support :
  • LUI
  • FTC
  • Destinations

Updated:
  • Code itself
  • Patchnotes
  • Patch Notes TXT

+ I'll rework UI XML page for this update.
And add Virtuals page with list of Virtuals, file definition and Controls which inherits from them (only those defined in XML in a 1st part).

I plan to add for future PTS releases a modification of library Custom Titles to add some exclusive titles for PTS, such as "Testing, please don't kill me". What your thinks about it?

First little things:

Live :

/script d(zo_strformat("I am a <<1>>", "<<player{male/female}>>"))
-> I am a female

PTS :

/script d(zo_strformat("I am a <<1>>", "<<player{male/female}>>")) -> I am a <<player{male/female}>>

Take care if you display all strings genderized (achievements, quests, etc). I guess a bug because the C++ code does not handle this modification. (Link handlers & Tooltips are broken).

Last edited by Ayantir : 09/02/16 at 07:38 PM.
09/02/16, 11:08 PM   #4
Sounomi
There seems to be a bug with the SetColor function for labels (not sure about other control types), to where its applying the color to any images that are injected into the text string via the "|t" format code. This seemed like an intentional new feature at first but if you colorize the text with "|c" to anything but pure white, this doesn't happen. Weirder still, after removing the "|c" code and reloading the UI, things appear normal again. However if you toggle the color to all white via the SetColor function then apply a different color again with it without reloading the UI, it returns back to the bugged behavior.
09/03/16, 01:07 PM   #5
Ayantir

I've updated Keeps, Sounds, Maps, Zones (now with zoneId!), Constants, Global_Values, API (Private/Protected & API Patchnotes) & Events pages

Events :

I added Duel category :
http://wiki.esoui.com/Events#Dueling

Housing category got some love :
http://wiki.esoui.com/Events#Housing

3 new hidden events :
* [[EVENT_ANIMATION_NOTE]] ('''integer''' ''eventCode'', '''string''' ''animNote'')
-> Used by Crown store

* [[EVENT_GAME_CAMERA_CHARACTER_FRAMING_STARTED]] ('''number''' ''eventCode'')
-> Used by Crown store .. when the camera look at you?

* [[EVENT_GUI_WORLD_PARTICLE_EFFECT_READY]] ('''integer''' ''eventCode'', '''number''' ''particleEffectId'')
-> Not used by Lua anywhere.

I also revamped a bit home page.

Last edited by Ayantir : 09/03/16 at 01:17 PM.
09/04/16, 09:47 AM   #6
Ayantir

A big up for AssemblerManiac who helped to build the texture list

the page has been updated too and we have now 2012 textures added with this update (28,048 in total)
09/04/16, 10:43 AM   #7
Ayantir

I've updated the http://wiki.esoui.com/Controls page too.

If majority of changes is on 3D

The http://wiki.esoui.com/Controls#CompassDisplayControl received a little lifting.
If you play with Compass, you should have a look.
09/04/16, 07:43 PM   #8
Ayantir

Another flood of me,

I've updated http://wiki.esoui.com/UI_XML (last update was done by Seerah! in 2014 !)

It now list 12 new Elements and dozen of attributes added too.

I've added some trashtalk important on XML about virtualization & inheritance, the $(parent), few examples.
If I forget something, feel free to add. It's late

I've also updated http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6141 to automatize the process of listing.

The TXT patchnotes is now totally parsed and automatized.

I've also made a 1st version of http://wiki.esoui.com/Virtuals
I'll try to improve it at next DLC's but it's already a good start. I didn't added the how to, I'll do at next version if I'm satisfied of the process.
09/05/16, 10:13 AM   #9
Weolo
I appreciate your hard work Ayantir

I had a little look at the new styles on the test server and they don't all work just yet. One example is when using the Dragur book my character didn't learn the style and there is a known issue outstanding where they have not added the achievements for them yet.

I will wait until ESO have done a little more work on the styles and added the achievements then I will take another look. I will post anything useful I find here in case others can use it as well.
09/05/16, 11:25 AM   #10
Ayantir

f you play with styles, you should be aware of http://wiki.esoui.com/StyleItemIndex

PS : New styles :

Lua Code:
  1. -- Style Number, StyleIndex, Achievement ID
  2.     {ITEMSTYLE_RAIDS_CRAGLORN, 28, 0000},
  3.     {ITEMSTYLE_ENEMY_DRAUGR, 32, 0000},
  4.     {ITEMSTYLE_AREA_YOKUDAN, 36, 0000},
  5.     {ITEMSTYLE_UNUSED21, 59, 0000}, -- Grim Harlequin
  6.     {ITEMSTYLE_UNUSED22, 60, 1545}, -- Hollowjack

the 4th first styles don't have achievements yet.
09/06/16, 06:57 AM   #11
QuadroTony
Banned
its only me? on PTS all chat channel colors is black
09/06/16, 08:18 AM   #12
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Yes this person is from ZeniMax!
Live :

/script d(zo_strformat("I am a <<1>>", "<<player{male/female}>>")) -> I am a female

PTS :

/script d(zo_strformat("I am a <<1>>", "<<player{male/female}>>")) -> I am a <<player{male/female}>>

Take care if you display all strings genderized (achievements, quests, etc). I guess a bug because the C++ code does not handle this modification. (Link handlers & Tooltips are broken).
This one is a problem with the newest version of the localization library. We're presently working on getting a fixed version in.
09/06/16, 08:22 AM   #13
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Sounomi View Post
There seems to be a bug with the SetColor function for labels (not sure about other control types), to where its applying the color to any images that are injected into the text string via the "|t" format code. This seemed like an intentional new feature at first but if you colorize the text with "|c" to anything but pure white, this doesn't happen. Weirder still, after removing the "|c" code and reloading the UI, things appear normal again. However if you toggle the color to all white via the SetColor function then apply a different color again with it without reloading the UI, it returns back to the bugged behavior.
This bug is known internally and the fix should already be merged for the next PTS.
09/06/16, 09:53 AM   #14
Randactyl
FYI we're live on 2016/10/05: https://twitter.com/TESOnline/status/773174704601501696
09/07/16, 11:37 AM   #15
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member
Concerning the 3D API, we have heard your feedback and we're going to try to work on a ruleset that will allow you to use 3D textures and labels in certain situations.
09/07/16, 12:35 PM   #16
sirinsidiator

Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
Concerning the 3D API, we have heard your feedback and we're going to try to work on a ruleset that will allow you to use 3D textures and labels in certain situations.
That's great to hear. Thank you very much for listening.
09/08/16, 05:54 AM   #17
Sounomi
Originally Posted by ZOS_ChipHilseberg View Post
This bug is known internally and the fix should already be merged for the next PTS.
Is there any way you could add the ability to colorize the texture that's embedded in the text string? There's some cases where that could be pretty useful.

Also, I've been getting this error while cleaning out my inbox of the "Rewards for the Worthy" spam when making a template char.
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:440: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:440: in function 'MailInbox:RefreshMailFrom'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:398: in function 'MailInbox:OnInboxUpdate'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:54: in function '(anonymous)'
It seems to pop up when a new batch of mails comes in after I've taken care of the last batch.
09/08/16, 06:28 AM   #18
sirinsidiator

Is there any way you could add the ability to colorize the texture that's embedded in the text string? There's some cases where that could be pretty useful.
This is already possible:
Lua Code:
  1. local function GetColoredIconFormat(texture, size, color)
  2.     local icon = zo_iconFormatInheritColor(texture, size, size)
  3.     return ("|c%s%s|r"):format(color:ToHex(), icon)
  4. end
09/08/16, 10:21 AM   #19
ZOS_ChipHilseberg
ZOS Staff!
Premium Member

Also, I've been getting this error while cleaning out my inbox of the "Rewards for the Worthy" spam when making a template char.
Code:
EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:440: attempt to index a nil value
stack traceback:
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:440: in function 'MailInbox:RefreshMailFrom'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:398: in function 'MailInbox:OnInboxUpdate'
	EsoUI/Ingame/Mail/Keyboard/MailInbox_Keyboard.lua:54: in function '(anonymous)'
It seems to pop up when a new batch of mails comes in after I've taken care of the last batch.
We've tried a lot of different ways to delete and get new mail on PTS but haven't seen this. Do you have anymore info on how the bug happens?
09/12/16, 11:38 PM   #20
Ayantir

2.6.1 popped yesterday, I've updated sourcecode.

is not fixed but API have here and there be modified, format has been dropped. not everywhere and not in C++ code neither.
for now I wait for the final solution .. ^^

I've also updated http://wiki.esoui.com/Collectibles
There is now a ton of collectibles.

Those flagged with TORECHECK are.. to recheck, because they'll surely evolve.
The 3rd value is the CollectibleCategoryType.

We now have ~200 collectible added per update. and the number raise.

Few things to get collectibles (Chip, please don't fix )

Lua Code:
  1. local oldFunc = ItemTooltip.SetCollectible
  2. ZO_PreHook(ItemTooltip, "SetCollectible", function(self, collectibleId, addNickname, showHint, showBlockReason)
  3.     local displayedCollectibleId = tonumber(MultiCraftDisplay:GetText())
  4.     local collectibleName, _, _, _, _, _, _, categoryType = GetCollectibleInfo(displayedCollectibleId)
  5.     if collectibleName then
  6.         d(categoryType .. ";" .. displayedCollectibleId .. ";".. collectibleName)
  7.     end
  8.     oldFunc(self, displayedCollectibleId, false, true, true)
  9.     return true
  10. end)

+ a spinner to play with mouse.

I personally used MultiCraft addon () line 571 :

Lua Code:
  1. --if value > maxCraftable then value = maxCraftable end
  3. MultiCraft:GetNamedChild("Display"):SetText(value)
  5. ClearTooltip(ItemTooltip)
  6. InitializeTooltip(ItemTooltip, GuiRoot, BOTTOM, 0, -200, BOTTOM)
  7. ItemTooltip:SetCollectible(1)

+ /script MultiCraft:SetHidden(false)

It will show you the collectible, and if Collectible is leaked to Lua, will dump a message in chat.
Not all collectibles are leaked to Lua, so you can have tooltips and API returnin empty values; but with a good tool (your eyes) you can rewrite them, or make screenshots.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Tutorials & Other Helpful Info » 2.6 Update