03/04/14, 03:45 PM   #1
Gimick the Deceiver
Skill Modifiers

I was curious if there was a reliable source that explains what stats (Health, Stamina, Magicka, etc) will actually change the modifiers on various skills.

While playing the BETA I did notice that some skills (magic based damaging skills, for example) were directly affected by raising my Magicka, either through gear or increasing it with a stat point. These same skill did not seem to increase even with a full set of Stamina gear. I found similar changes with stamina based skills when wearing stamina focused gear, but it was not always true.

I am trying to find out if there is a stream-lined set of modifiers based on the types of skills, or if each skill has a unique set of modifiers. If it is unique for each skill, does anyone know where I can additional information on this topic?
03/13/14, 07:28 PM   #2
Vuelhering
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gimick the Deceiver View Post
I was curious if there was a reliable source that explains what stats (Health, Stamina, Magicka, etc) will actually change the modifiers on various skills. While playing the BETA I did notice that some skills (magic based damaging skills, for example) were directly affected by raising my Magicka, either through gear or increasing it with a stat point. These same skill did not seem to increase even with a full set of Stamina gear. I found similar changes with stamina based skills when wearing stamina focused gear, but it was not always true.
You want the actual multipliers? Not sure what the formulas are, but I suspect they're largely similar to (base damage of spell) * (1+ magicka/X)

Damage-dealing skills that use magicka as a resource scale damage based on magicka pool. Same with stamina pool, so your class skills (which all use magicka) won't increase with a full set of stam gear, but your weapon attacks (non-stave weapon skills) *should* increase with stamina, provided you're not at the softcap.

AFAIK, health doesn't affect any skills except the end result of those that heal a percentage of health.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Gameplay » Skill Modifiers