08/14/14, 06:35 AM   #1
Neithi
ESO Multicore Performance

Hey guys,
my Game uses only one core at the same time. I know that many people have this problem apparently, but I read that some of you could fix it by disable CPU parking in Windows 7. I even know 2 guys who disabled CPU parking and were able to use all cores at least at 50%.
Usually I can run around with 80 FPS with subsampling quality on high, but when it comes to huge fights in Cyrodiil, my FPS drops down to 13-16 and I have to put down my subsampling quality to medium again (it looks really bad). I think the reason for this is the low CPU usage.

Does someone have any tip to improve my performance?

I’m playing on a MSI GS70 gaming laptop with GTX 765m and i7 4700HQ
Greetings
08/15/14, 07:07 PM   #2
mctaylor

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Neithi View Post
[...] huge fights in Cyrodiil, my FPS drops down to 13-16 and I have to put down my subsampling quality to medium again (it looks really bad). I think the reason for this is the low CPU usage.

Does someone have any tip to improve my performance?

I’m playing on a MSI GS70 gaming laptop with GTX 765m and i7 4700HQ
On the graphics side: Try disable the On/Off list of visual effects first, such as distortion, sun rays, and grass. Then try lowering the shadow quality and particle effects as well. Other than disabling the grass, the difference is pretty small visually.

I haven't done much research, but I do know that my (much older) i7 950 in my desktop doesn't show high CPU utilization whenever I've checked, even when my FPS drops in PvP fights.

Good luck.

Honestly, I am not sure if anyone is maintaining "High Quality" or Ultra settings and getting a good solid 50+ fps in Cyrodiil regardless of hardware. I could entirely wrong though.

The only other things I can think to check is: Ensure that your Windows power profile is "Performance" or "Maximum" rather than Balanced.

And I would try logging the temperatures of your GPU and CPU just to ensure that they aren't being throttled by thermal limiting. (80C for GPU I think and 90-100C for the CPU)
08/16/14, 10:04 AM   #3
Treadpool
You Said Member

Originally Posted by mctaylor View Post

And I would try logging the temperatures of your GPU and CPU just to ensure that they aren't being throttled by thermal limiting. (80C for GPU I think and 90-100C for the CPU)
Yep my GTX680 throttles around 70c.

ESOUI » General Discussion » Tech Chat » ESO Multicore Performance