10/24/17, 06:57 PM   #1
sinnoaria
Automatic Group Chat event for chest/HS discovery?

Is it possible to get an addon for if, during a dungeon, you find a chest or heavy sack that it automatically says it in group chat and possibly even do a group waypoint at the location?
10/24/17, 07:37 PM   #2
Rhyono
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addons can't automatically send text. At best, upon you viewing it, it'll put it in your text and then you'd hit enter.
10/24/17, 08:12 PM   #3
sinnoaria
Originally Posted by Rhyono View Post
Addons can't automatically send text. At best, upon you viewing it, it'll put it in your text and then you'd hit enter.
I thought there was an addon that does send text though?
10/24/17, 08:15 PM   #4
Rhyono
Send text as you for the world to see? No. Write text to the system log for you to see? Yes.
10/24/17, 11:35 PM   #5
Dolgubon

This is actually possible.

An addon can listen to EVENT_LOOT_RECEIVED, which also fires when group members get loot. If the item received is a material, it can safely be assumed for the most part that a heavy sack was opened. (Exceptions would be style mats from coffers I think, and maybe crafting stations/bosses) Then a group ping can be placed by anyone with the addon.
10/25/17, 02:36 AM   #6
Ayantir

There is crates and barrels in dungeons. They loots mats too.
10/25/17, 02:51 AM   #7
sirinsidiator

It would be possible via LibGroupSockets. When someone opens a chest or heavy sack the addon sends a packet to other group members and eveyone who has the addon sees a message and gets a map/compass pin. Only drawback is that it won't do anything for players without the addon.
10/25/17, 11:01 AM   #8
Dolgubon

Originally Posted by Ayantir View Post
There is crates and barrels in dungeons. They loots mats too.
I didn't think of those. However it could still be differentiated, because heavy sacks give a larger quantity of mats. Say 5 decorative wax vs. just one or two.
10/26/17, 11:01 AM   #9
syzgod
Is it really not possible to send automated messages without the need of hitting the Enter?

I was hoping someone can make an add-on with an automated message to the chat which bound to specific skill. For example I use War Horn and they receive a WAR HORN ACTIVATED message in the chat. They were called macros in other game I used to play and you could generate nice macros, text messages, even other automated things. And no, they were part of the game not cheating.
10/26/17, 11:14 AM   #10
Kyoma
Originally Posted by syzgod View Post
Is it really not possible to send automated messages without the need of hitting the Enter?

I was hoping someone can make an add-on with an automated message to the chat which bound to specific skill. For example I use War Horn and they receive a WAR HORN ACTIVATED message in the chat. They were called macros in other game I used to play and you could generate nice macros, text messages, even other automated things. And no, they were part of the game not cheating.
It used to be possible at the start of the game but since then ZOS has disabled the ability of addons sending things through chat directly. The user will always need to hit Enter and the only other method of communication is through map pings, which is rather limited.
10/26/17, 11:31 AM   #11
syzgod
Originally Posted by Kyoma View Post
It used to be possible at the start of the game but since then ZOS has disabled the ability of addons sending things through chat directly. The user will always need to hit Enter and the only other method of communication is through map pings, which is rather limited.
Well if those messages would be limited they can let people use them.

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Automatic Group Chat event for chest/HS discovery?