04/29/15, 11:39 AM   #1
Werewolf Finds Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
So, the Soul Reservoir...

Okay, this is a thing. I don't normally like bothering other people because I prefer to be independent, that means I don't have to get on anyone's nerves.

Still, I've hit an impasse. That bloody Soul Reservoir. I could've sworn I knew what the frame name was in order to manipulate it, but alas, I did not. And what's worse is that no matter how much I research, I can't find out what the thing is called.

I felt like I had it when I found RaidReviveCounterManager. But apparently that frame doesn't exist? Is it only a function? It seems like it would be a frame. But apparently it only exists contextually, since I checked for its existence in game and it wouldn't verify. I threw a plugin for my addon Windex together anyway in the vain hope that it was RaidReviveCounterManager.

Apparently it wasn't, and that just lead to errors.

Am I wrong, somehow? Is it actuallly RaidReviveCounterManager, or is it some other frame? Doing a web search for 'RaidReviveCounterManager,' I can only find the comments section of my own addon, haha. But it does actually exist. I think. I found it in http://esodata.uesp.net/ so it has to be. Right? It also has a mention of RaidReviveCounterManager.Update() there, which makes me think it's a frame...

The problem is is that I'm not at the point in ESO where I'd be running trials. And even if I were, I'd be flailing and screaming as I fled them due to my panic condition, so I'd likely not be any use to a group and I couldn't use one just to /script moc():GetName() the frame and just leave.

So any help would be worth it because I just don't know, and it bothers me not knowing. I wish I could test this for myself and not have to bother anyone but sadly I don't have that luxury. So... um... thanks for any help that can be provided.
04/29/15, 01:23 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
I couldn't tets it ingame neither but try "ZO_RaidLifeDisplay" or something like this.
I found it at /esoui/ingame/death/raidlifedisplay.xml + .lua
-> http://esodata.uesp.net/current/src/...th/luadir.html

P.S.
You don't have to excuse yourself. You are not bothering anyone in a forum so just write what you are searching for and that#s it. Better then writing 20 lines of excuses and everyone stops to read after the 2nd line ^^
04/29/15, 03:22 PM   #3
Werewolf Finds Dragon
I wish I could help that, Beartram. I'd love to be a succinct public speaker. But when I have to talk to anyone I don't think I'm properly conveying myself well enough, especially when I feel like I'm imposing, so I end up tripping over myself repeatedly. Perhaps it's also a cultural thing, I'm British, and we tend to begin/end every sentence with an apology. I think that perhaps British and autistic is a bad comabination when you're from a culture that can pride itself on politeness.

So this happens. My biggest problem is that I'm never quite sure what should stay inside my brain and what shouldn't. It isn't the extroverted issue of snappy speech, I actually think about what I'm going to say a lot before I say it. It's more that I have trouble realising what shouldn't be said. I'm really bad about etiquette in situations like this, and it's not intentional.

Hooray for autism. I do try, though. But sometimes, stuff that should remain inside my head ends up outside my head. And it usually takes someone else to tell me which is which.

Regardless of that, I genuinely appreciate your efforts in researching this for me. I'm stunned I didn't find that frame myself. So good on you, Beartram. Sometimes having another pair of eyes on something really can help out. I'll post a thing on my page that I have a beta version of Windex that I want people to test in trials and whatnot, I'll see where that gets me. I think reincluding it and taking another chance would be a bad idea, I don't want to inconvenience my other users.

Anyway, thank you! Really. I appreciate it.
04/29/15, 07:37 PM   #4
Sasky
Another thing is you don't have to be part of a trial to get in there and test. You can enter trials at VR1 solo. Not that you'll go very far, but it's enough to test parts like the soul counter.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » So, the Soul Reservoir...