09/13/16, 01:20 AM   #1
Lunarhound
Hunger Addon/Food buff tracker

I've done some searching and have yet to find anything like this, which surprised me a bit, considering how many role players seem to play this game. What I'm looking for is an addon that tracks food buffs by simulating a hunger mechanic.

There are obviously a number of ways this could be approached, but my thought was that it'd be fairly minimalist, so that it'd be compatible with an immersion-heavy play style. My thought was onscreen messages at three customizable intervals as a food buff expires. Something like, "You feel a bit peckish", then "You are beginning to feel hungry", and finally, "You are hungry". At that point, an icon could be displayed somewhere in the UI to remind the player that their character is "hungry" and needs to eat. Ideally, the addon could be turned on and off with a slash command so that the player isn't bothered with hunger messages when they aren't wanted/needed, such as when crafting, RP'ing, just hanging out, etc.

Does anyone know of an addon similar to this? If not, is someone interested in creating one? I know you can already accomplish pretty much this exact thing with buff trackers, but it'd be nice to have one for people who are more interested in just simulating hunger than tracking multiple status effects, and who don't want extra icons on their screens.

So far, this is the only thing I've found: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1...kReminder.html

It technically accomplishes the basics of what I'm looking for, but it'd be nice to have something a little more RP-oriented (more geared toward simulating a hunger mechanic for immersion enthusiasts) and with less obnoxious messages.
09/13/16, 01:33 AM   #2
Scootworks

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
maybe this one is with more fancy stuff: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1037-OmNomNom.html
09/13/16, 01:42 AM   #3
Lunarhound
This looks very similar to what I was envisioning. I was also able to find StarveStop through the author's description, which does the same things with a few added features. I wonder why all my searches for food and hunger related mods didn't turn these up. At any rate, thanks a lot!

ESOUI » AddOns » AddOn Search/Requests » Hunger Addon/Food buff tracker