Quantcast Minion consistently forgets addons it installed - ESOUI
Thread Tools Display Modes
05/26/17, 08:50 PM   #1
jeradl
 
jeradl's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Minion consistently forgets addons it installed

Minion keeps claiming addons are not installed that were installed through minion.
One in particular it does this repeatedly with is Lorebook by Garkin. Even after a rescan it will claim it isn't there. Even if you uninstall and reinstall it still forgets.
There are several addons it does this with and it is consistently the same ones. It isn't random.
There any plan to fix this?
  Reply With Quote
05/26/17, 10:07 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling
 
Dolby's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,106
Wonder if Minion is having trouble writing to the minion.xml where it keeps the database of installed AddOns on your system. If you post your minion.log (and minion.xml) it might hold information if that is happening.

Last edited by Dolby : 05/26/17 at 10:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote
05/27/17, 05:54 AM   #3
jeradl
 
jeradl's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Wonder if Minion is having trouble writing to the minion.xml where it keeps the database of installed AddOns on your system. If you post your minion.log (and minion.xml) it might hold information if that is happening.
If that was the issue don't you think it would randomly hit all addons? Instead of consistently being just certain ones?
  Reply With Quote
05/27/17, 06:06 AM   #4
Dolgubon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 189
Sometimes, a programmer will ask what seems like an unrelated, useless question. It might not be.

In this case, even if that is not the issue, he'll still gain valuable information. Namely, that it's not that issue. Or it might be another issue that's still detectable from those files. Maybe it's an issue with something deeper that has that effect on the xml files.
  Reply With Quote
05/27/17, 07:59 AM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling
 
Dolby's Avatar
Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,106
Originally Posted by jeradl View Post
If that was the issue don't you think it would randomly hit all addons? Instead of consistently being just certain ones?
With no real info to go on it was just a guess based on whats happening. This doesnt happen for me with lorebook. /shrug

Another guess... Maybe its an interaction with another AddOn installed. Have you tried deleteing all your AddOns in the AddOn folder and then installing lorebook?

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236

Last edited by Dolby : 05/27/17 at 08:19 AM.
  Reply With Quote
10/16/17, 12:59 AM   #6
jeradl
 
jeradl's Avatar
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 10
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
With no real info to go on it was just a guess based on whats happening. This doesnt happen for me with lorebook. /shrug

Another guess... Maybe its an interaction with another AddOn installed. Have you tried deleteing all your AddOns in the AddOn folder and then installing lorebook?

http://www.esoui.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236
I have reinstalled Lorebook multiple times but I have not ever deleted everything and reinstalled. I'd lose too much data and progress if I did that. It's an odd issue to be sure. I still haven't figured what the cause is.
__________________
Dallamar & Krushim of KrushimTV - in game @jeradl
https://www.youtube.com/KrushimTV
  Reply With Quote

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Minion consistently forgets addons it installed

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off