03/13/14, 02:11 PM   #1
MRizk
Post [Mac OS X] Unable to quit Minion

Dear ZAM and ESoui team,

I just wanted to report that I am not able to quit the minion client, whenever I right click the icon in the dock, then select quit the app will just disappear but the icon will keep in the dock showing as running. If I click on the icon in the dock nothing happens. The only way to close it is to force quit the app.

minion#.log: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X.
minion.xml: Not sure where I can find that on Mac OS X.
Screenshot: App does not show.
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.9.2 Build 13C64.

Best wishes,
M.Rizk
03/13/14, 02:15 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi MRizk,

We are working on this bug, currently if you use the X in the upper right hand corner of the minion app it will close properly. It just doesn't close via the OSX methods. I hope to get a patch out soon for this!

Thanks for your report and helping us test!
03/13/14, 02:16 PM   #3
MRizk
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi MRizk,

We are working on this bug, currently if you use the X in the upper right hand corner of the minion app it will close properly. It just doesn't close via the OSX methods. I hope to get a patch out soon for this!

Thanks for letting me know
03/13/14, 06:25 PM   #4
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi MRizk,

Confirming this bug.

Closes correctly as suggested by using the x in top right corner. it does throw up a message each time in Console on closing this way. Posted for info;

Code:
14/03/2014 01:22:52.732 Minion[935]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
03/13/14, 06:28 PM   #5
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I run osx as well so its a bug we have logged. We need to properly capture the quit command from OSX.
04/09/14, 10:23 AM   #6
Mr. Sensitivity
Yar. (Translation: Yup).

I know you know that we know about the bug. You know we know about it because you know. BUT, as I believe the first guy mentioned, too, I cannot open the Minion program to do anything with it. Can't even get a window to click the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Can't add anything new, either. So there it sits, functioning in-game, ever present on my MBP hotbar.

Big fan of your work. Really happy you developed Minion for Macs so we can enjoy the add-ons. Cheers to you!

Addendum: ah, nevermind, the first guy didn't have this issue. Yeah, for some reason I can't open it or close it. The keys are locked in the car and the engine's running, daddio!

Last edited by Mr. Sensitivity : 04/09/14 at 10:27 AM.
04/09/14, 10:45 AM   #7
Moonraker
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Mr. Sensitivity View Post
I know you know that we know about the bug. You know we know about it because you know. BUT, as I believe the first guy mentioned, too, I cannot open the Minion program to do anything with it. Can't even get a window to click the "x" in the upper right hand corner. Can't add anything new, either. So there it sits, functioning in-game, ever present on my MBP hotbar.

Big fan of your work. Really happy you developed Minion for Macs so we can enjoy the add-ons. Cheers to you!

Addendum: ah, nevermind, the first guy didn't have this issue. Yeah, for some reason I can't open it or close it. The keys are locked in the car and the engine's running, daddio!
Working fine here.

Trash the prefs file and relaunch:

~/Library/Preferences/com.zam.minion.minion.plist

If that doesn't help, trash the app and re-download and see if that helps.

Last edited by Moonraker : 04/09/14 at 10:48 AM.

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » [Mac OS X] Unable to quit Minion