04/23/17, 06:40 AM   #1
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
[outdated] EVENT_DISGUISE_STATE_CHANGED & GetUnitDisguiseState enhancement

A while back in LUIE I decided to create a component that would display a buff/debuff icon on player/reticleover if they were in an active disguised state:

For stealth, any valid "reticleover" or "group" unitTag will send stealth event updates, and using GetUnitStealthState() on these unitTags will always return the correct value. This appears to work across zone for group member unitTags.

Unlike the Stealth State based events and functions however, the amount of info sent to the API for Disguises is rather limited and inconsistent:

For disguises it appears information about disguise state change is only broadcast in a small area near the player. As long as I'm in range of another player when their disguise state changes then EVENT_DISGUISE_STATE_CHANGED will trigger, and using GetUnitStealthState() will return the correct value. However if an out of range player makes their way over to me in a disguise state, using GetUnitStealthState will return an incorrect value of 0 until EVENT_DISGUISE_STATE_CHANGED is triggered again.

Additionally no extra tracking or information is provided for "group" unitTags.

My suggestion is to change the functionality to allow disguise state information to be obtained at any time from a valid unitTag regardless of location and to behave in the same way as stealth.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] EVENT_DISGUISE_STATE_CHANGED & GetUnitDisguiseState enhancement