04/04/17, 09:59 PM   #1
AssemblerManiac
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Lightbulb [outdated] Inventory Slot changes

Inventory Insight uses EVENT_INVENTORY_SINGLE_SLOT_UPDATE and EVENT_GUILD_BANK_ITEM_* to track items. The problem is that when an item count goes to zero, we get an event with bag/slot/count 0, but no itemlink. It makes for some interesting counts since there's no good way around this:

item: motif XXX
bag: bank
slot: 100
count: 2

count in backpack = 0

withdraw from bank
event 1 fires
bag: bank
slot: 100
count: 0
itemlink: nil

event 2 fires
bag: backpack
slot: 144
count: 2
itemlink: motif XXX

(not sure if that's the right order for the events or not)

Now, the internal inventory count says 4 items, because it still thinks the bank has 2 of the item because there's no itemlink to keep int in sync.

Could we get an additional arg sent to us when there's a 0 count that represents the original itemlink before it got nil'd out? That way it doesn't screw up anything that's currently working, but those of us that want to track items for counts can still do so (like maybe a msg saying "hey, you just ran out of....").

04/05/17, 12:21 AM   #2
ArtOfShred

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This would be excellent for me as well.

I'm using an index function for the player inventory, bank, and equipped bags in LUI to to display context based chat messages when an item is looted/lost. With an itemlink presented when a slot has 0 remaining items, I could scrap the entire index and just directly display that itemlink instead.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » Wish List » [outdated] Inventory Slot changes