12/06/23, 11:22 PM   #1
SortOfKindlyNot
Interested in developing add-ons - Is tracking class passive CDs possible?

Hi,

I'm interested in learning to develop add-ons. My idea for my first add-on is similar in nature to the buff/debuff timers except that it would track class passive cooldowns. For example, on Dragonknight, the class passive Mountain's Blessing gives 3 ultimate whenever you cast an Earthen Heart ability which can occur a maximum of every 6 seconds.

Before I delve into the details of writing add-ons, is it even possible to track class passive cooldowns, like Mountain's Blessing, via an add-on using the API?

Thanks
12/07/23, 02:08 AM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It would be possible if the class passives create a "buff" which is actually shown if you press C and scroll down to your character buffs.
These can be read.
I think it was a loop with GetUnitBuffInfo("player"....) to get them via API then.

For those there also fires an EVENT_EFFECT_CHANGED with granted, updated, removed or similar.

But everything else maybe only happening in C code, not lua / UI wise and the API would not know it.
12/07/23, 11:55 AM   #3
Dolgubon

Even without a explicit buff/cooldown on the character page, you can track ultimate generation amount, as well as specific skill usage. Tie those two together, and you could track it indirectly.
12/07/23, 12:24 PM   #4
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
Here isa google spreadsheet (from LUI addon) with the buff/AbilityIds of the skills and their morphs:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2133174771

In case you need those to track the skill usage via their IDs.
Using the names would be bad because of multi language support

And here are howtos and ressources, tools, where to chat for new addon devs:
https://www.esoui.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=172
-> See the sticky posts at the top, e.g. "New to AddOn creation? - Usefull links and information"

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Interested in developing add-ons - Is tracking class passive CDs possible?