07/05/16, 09:35 AM   #1
Lodur
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Obsolete addons

Hello,

Just want to point this out...

SoftcapInfo is completely obsolete yet still shows up in minion. The addon even says in it's description that soft caps where removed in 1.6, you don't need this addon any more...

I know that esoui.com has a category for "Discontinued & Outdated" addons. Are all Addons in this category filtered out of minions offerings? (note: note sure if SoftcapInfo was moved to this category or not. ACTUALLY It Is...) Does minion have a way of telling a user that an installed addon is now completely obsolete and should be removed?

To stop listed obsolete addons being listed and provided notification to users that an installed addon is now obsolete seems to be an important missing use case.

Thanks,
Lodur

Last edited by Lodur : 07/05/16 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Confirmed SoftcapInfo is in "Discontinued & Outdated"
07/05/16, 12:24 PM   #2
Dolby
Every day I'm shuffling

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
SoftcapInfo was not in the discontinued category. We didn't notice it and the author didn't contact us asking for it to be moved. I have now moved this AddOn to the correct category and should no longer display in Minion (give it 10 - 20min for cache to expire)

Right now no Minion won't tell you if you have an addon installed that is discontinued. I think thats a good idea for a feature and will add it to our backlog. Maybe a nice warning icon next to the title of the addon and a popup for the first time saying "Minion detected installed AddOns that are in our discontinued category" and list them and have the option to uninstall them.

Thanks!

ESOUI » Site Forums » Minion » Obsolete addons