05/21/17, 03:52 PM   #1
ThunderBob1
Question Interacting With Guild Notes

Hi all,

I am quite a noob at this stuff, but have been trying to create a basic addon for my use for guild management.
To this extent, I was wondering if anyone knows how to interact with guild notes, e.g. code that has the ability to see a player's time zone based on their written notes and use it in something else. If someone could provide me an example of this using the following scenario, that would be greatly appreciated:

Time Zone: EST.

Thanks for reading my thread and for any help!
05/21/17, 04:12 PM   #2
Baertram
Super Moderator

WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You could use the following function to obtain the guild note of a member

Lua Code:
  1. local _,memberNote = GetGuildMemberInfo(guildId, GetGuildMemberIndexFromDisplayName(guildId, displayNameOfGuildMember) )

-guildId is the id of the guild that you are checking the note for
-displayNameOfGuildMember should be the shown name of the guild member (at the guild roster)

Ther was somethign with guildId if I remember right so that the guild ids were not always 1 to 5 (e.g. if you have left your 3rd guild the id of the guild 3 was removed and 4 got 3, 5 got 4. Or something similar.
After a reloadui the ids could be moved too, but I'm not sure anymore. You need to test this).
05/22/17, 01:08 AM   #3
ThunderBob1
Hmm, ok thanks.

I guess I will do some testing to this extent and I will see.

ESOUI » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Interacting With Guild Notes